What are you looking forward to? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What are you looking forward to?

GrendelZ
11-22-2003, 05:59 PM
I am really looking forward to seeing the Last Samurai,my interest grows in this film the more I see about it.I am not much of a Cruise fan but I am a student of the subject matter.I also love historical epics like this.

Of course I cannot wait for Return of the King.I cannot imagine 3 more well made movies (even more than SW).I have never read the books so I dont know the end,and im glad.

Spiderman 2 is also high on my list,albeit next year.I loved the first one and have no reason to doubt this one.I love Sam Rami's work and thought he was perfect for this movie.

Another summe flick with potential is Aliens vs Preadator,a special effects monster for sure,but could be great fun.

John Beresford
11-24-2003, 08:30 AM
I am really looking forward to seeing the Last Samurai,my interest grows in this film the more I see about it.I am not much of a Cruise fan but I am a student of the subject matter.I also love historical epics like this.

Of course I cannot wait for Return of the King.I cannot imagine 3 more well made movies (even more than SW).I have never read the books so I dont know the end,and im glad.

Spiderman 2 is also high on my list,albeit next year.I loved the first one and have no reason to doubt this one.I love Sam Rami's work and thought he was perfect for this movie.

Another summe flick with potential is Aliens vs Preadator,a special effects monster for sure,but could be great fun.

As a die-hard Amityville fan, I am eagerly awaiting the remake of The Amityville Horror by Michael Bay, who did the remake of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Im not prediciting this remake will be anywhere near as good as the original, but Im looking forward to it nonetheless. Bay's rendition of the Massacre did nothing for the film, and the original still remains more frightening and creepy, by far. The Amityville Horror remake is scheduled to open before the summer rush of 2004, because Bay's production team would like to get the film into theaters before Spider Man 2, which, is going to be called "The Amazing Spider-Man" by the way. Which leads me to....

....the fact that I also agree that the second Spider-Man is my most eagerly awaited film to be brought to the theaters in the future...according to rumor, Tobey Magure fights Dr. Octopus and The Lizard in this one, and everyone is back in their roles -- Maguire as Parker, Dunst as that piece of ass Mary Jane Watson, TK Simmons as Jameson, and Aunt May is even back. As Mary Jane continues to make advances on Parker/Spidey, he must fight The Lizard and Doc Occ, which I think are both supposed to be computer generated --- definitely Doc Occ. Cant wait; I couldnt wait for the second Spider-Man just minutes after I left the theater once the first one was over!

tugmcmartin
11-26-2003, 12:30 PM
I'm torn about the Last Samurai. I don't care for Tom Cruise at all. But it looks like it could be a fun and interesting movie.

I really want to go see Master and Commander. May do that this weekend if the wife feels up to it (she's had the flu). Also on the to see list is Cold Mountain (the book was fantastic and the movie looks to be better... though there are parts in the previews i don't remember from the book). And of course, i really want to see LOTR III, ROTK. I'm re-reading the ending of that one so i have better comparison, which may or may not be a good idea. There where parts about the first two i didn't care for that deviated from the book a little. I kinda want to see The Missing. The trailers look exciting, but i'm tiring of Tommy Lee Jones.

T-

Troy
11-26-2003, 03:39 PM
The trailers look exciting, but i'm tiring of Tommy Lee Jones.

And how. He looks ridiculous in the previews. Not disappearing into the character at all. "Hey look, it's TLJ in a wig!"

John Beresford
12-01-2003, 08:28 AM
Been doing A LOT of DVD shopping lately; just got the Honeymooners box set of all the episodes; last night, picked up "Beat Street" and "Higher Learning"....

On the DVD side, the two discs I'm waiting for arrival on are "John Carpenter's Escape From New York 2 Disc Collectors Edition" and "Pirates of the Carribean"; Escape From New York arrives 12/16 and Pirates arrives this week, I think....

recoveryone
12-01-2003, 01:10 PM
Bad Boys II for all us action junkies

yamdsp-a1
12-02-2003, 06:40 AM
Finding 4 hours to sit down and immerse myself in the extended version of the Two Towers and then going to see the ROTK in two weeks!! In fact, I may try to find 8 hours and watch Fellowship a well.

I amy even try and convince some of my friends to see it too.

I am also eagerly anticipating Kill Bill Volume 2 as I really enjoyed the first one. Just sick but fun also.

Yam