Wireless Audio Question [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Audio Question

markrostan
04-15-2009, 07:41 AM
OK, we're in the construction process and wired our house for in-ceiling speakers wired back to a music distribution system in a central location. Each room has an on-wall volume and source selector control panel.

Here's my problem. I was looking for a way to plug my keyboard into the wall in a few rooms and have it play over the speakers. Before I could get it figured out, the drywall went up which means running wires just got much more difficult. However, it occurred to me that there may be a wireless solution.

Can anyone recommend a small wireless transmitter that I could carry to places in the house with me and hook to my keyboard to transmit the sound to the wireless receiver that I would connect to the music distribution system? My keyboard's "audio out" is a 1/4" headphone jack but I don't mind using an adapter if I need to. The MDS system has RCA as its input jacks.

Help!!!

Thanks,
Mark

Kevio
04-15-2009, 08:40 AM
A keyboard could use the same sort of system that is used for wireless guitars (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=wireless+guitar).

markrostan
04-15-2009, 09:17 AM
Thanks Kevio, I'll look into that option.