The good Reverend finally comes to my town [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The good Reverend finally comes to my town

nobody
03-19-2004, 06:26 AM
I'm gettin' excited about tonight. Been in Lansing, MI for almost 3 years now, and the lack of decent bands coming through here has gotten really old. Well, god works in mysterious ways, 'cause now that I'm months away from leaving this place, Reverend Horton Heat comes rolling through town. That guy will truly play anyplace. He's all about bringing religion to the people. I'll be praying tonight.

Gresh
03-19-2004, 07:08 AM
I'm gettin' excited about tonight. Been in Lansing, MI for almost 3 years now, and the lack of decent bands coming through here has gotten really old. Well, god works in mysterious ways, 'cause now that I'm months away from leaving this place, Reverend Horton Heat comes rolling through town. That guy will truly play anyplace. He's all about bringing religion to the people. I'll be praying tonight.

It should be a great show - I saw him a few years back with Mojo Nixon and it was one of the better shows I had seen.

nobody
03-19-2004, 07:17 AM
Yup...I've seen him quite a few times, the first time about 15 years ago when he opened for the Cramps. He always puts on a good show. Last time I saw him was about a year and a half ago. It was his second night in a row in Detroit and the last show of a long tour. I think the band was pretty well lit. Those guys don't usually miss a beat, but that one was a bit sloppy. Still a good one though. They're my wife's favorite band, so whenever they play within a couple hurs, we usually end up catching them.