Yamaha RX V440 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha RX V440

divi
03-19-2004, 12:39 AM
Hey guys,wanted to know if ne one around has yamaha 440 setup.I am thinking to buy one.It fits my budget so wanted to get some feedback from u guys
This gonna be my very first A/V rx so looking forward to your replies
thx

msrance
03-19-2004, 02:27 AM
Divi, I am in the same boat as you. I too would be able to use what replies you get. I am looking to buy a RXV440 because its cheap and its good. I auditioned it at a retailer and it does sound good for the money. Besides I own a stereo amp from Yamaha already and I am happy with its perfornance -and having been on this forum for long enough - I know many people here think of Yamaha to be a decent company - it does deliver.

Now If I may add to the original question - What speakers do you guys suggest to run this beast? And I am talking of budget speakers - say the whole package under 1000$ - or just above. And the mains would have to be floorstanders and nothing else.

I have an extra pair of floorstanders ( DIY 120W @ 8 ohm) that I run as "B speakers" with my stereo amp - could I shift them to the HT setup? Lemme also tell you - they have a 1" peerless tweeter, a 4" Rave midrange and a pair of 8" Rave woofers. It does acceptable duty with music - so should be OK for HT too - I guess. Though it does have a tendency to boom - you know - an excessive midbass at high volume levels.

Thanks everyone.

Dale M
03-19-2004, 05:06 PM
Hi , Im Also curious about this Reciever, I looked at one today and I see they are selling for 399 at soundsaround in calgary, some snooze and ya loose sale.
Dale M

Wireworm5
03-20-2004, 12:56 AM
You definitely have to consider Paradigm Monitor 9's. They should cost in the neighborhood of $900 CDN. I seriously doubt you can find a better floorstanding speaker in this price range. You can move your other speakers to rear duty. The RX-V440 more than likely has multi-channel stereo so you can make good use of them. Keep in mind the 9's throw out a lot of bass and may be boomy in the wrong room. I however have no problems with mine but I was concerned about this when I bought them.
Polks also put out a new model (don't know the model # off hand) that look similar to the Paradigm Studio 100 v2 . I think they cost around $1200 CDN. I would check these out as well.
happy hunting!