New Member [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New Member

hearthis
04-13-2009, 02:07 PM
Hi y'all from Franklin, TN. It's tornado season so we have to live our lives to the fullest daily.

I just updated my system from a Denon Receiver to a Parasound 7100. Hooked them up this weekend and it sounds great. However, I could not get my any signal to my sub unless I activate the Ebass mode. I've checked the level setup, sent test tone to all speakers and it works. I called Parasound today and change the speaker settings to small but nada.

Any help for a new separate component guy would be appreciated.

GMichael
04-14-2009, 05:24 AM
Hi Hearthis,

Welcome to AR. I don't have separates so I can't help, but wanted to say hi. I'm sure that someone will be along soon to help out.

Happy listening.

Mr Peabody
04-14-2009, 09:03 AM
Did you also get a matching Parasound amp? If not, how did you hook up the 7100? What source are you using when you check the sub? Are you using a digital connection for the sources?

It does seem odd that the sub would work for Ebass and not when speakers set to "small". Does your sub have an input where it bypasses the internal sub crossover? If so, that is the one to use or run the crossover on the sub all the way up, this will allow you to control the sub from the preamp.

What output is the sub hooked to?