Upcoming Shows I have tickets for and tragedy yet to be determined :) [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Shows I have tickets for and tragedy yet to be determined :)

Mr Peabody
04-11-2009, 09:00 PM
Well it looks like I will be doing my part to support the outdoor summer concert thing. I have tickets to Nickelback and for Incubus. I could be stuck with a Def Leppard ticket, they are with Poison and Cheap Trick. I'm not really interested in seeing that show but my daughter bought a 4-pak of tickets because it was cheaper that way thinking they could find some one to buy the other two. I told her if she didn't find some one I'd take one. I have good seats for Incubus and the tickets were cheap. I haven't heard anything about them in a long time I was a bit surprised they were in concert. I really like their early stuff. I hope Nickelback don't play much off this latest album. I was tempted to buy Crewfest tickets to see Godsmack but I think I will wait to see if they ever come back by themselves.

Slosh
04-12-2009, 06:07 AM
All those shows look like a tragedy/travesty to me! :p Have fun.

Mr Peabody
04-12-2009, 07:15 AM
I sleep well though so I can't see spending money on something like Andrew Bird :)

Finch Platte
04-12-2009, 08:54 AM
Man, you are gonna hate the metal discs I'm sending you. :shocked:

Mr Peabody
04-12-2009, 10:50 AM
Why do you say that? I like stuff from Opeth, In Flames,Tool etc. Metal does have to have some musical offering though, I've never been able to appreciate most of the "Speed Metal" like Slayer in the early days or others that go into over drive and stay there. Not a lot to choose from as far as concerts in my area though. We get little to no Prog and Metal is mostly night clubs. Slipknot is here at a regular concert venue but that's another band I haven't come to appreciate. I saw Disturbed last December at one of these concert clubs. Or, maybe you sent more traditional Metal? My pick of Motley Crew is the Shout At The Devil album. My collection covers a lot of ground.

I got that Amon Amarth disc in, now I know what is meant by "Viking Metal" :) Hale Oden and all that stuff. The band is pretty good though.

Finch Platte
04-13-2009, 07:15 AM
Why do you say that? I like stuff from Opeth, In Flames,Tool etc. Metal does have to have some musical offering though, I've never been able to appreciate most of the "Speed Metal" like Slayer in the early days or others that go into over drive and stay there. Not a lot to choose from as far as concerts in my area though. We get little to no Prog and Metal is mostly night clubs. Slipknot is here at a regular concert venue but that's another band I haven't come to appreciate. I saw Disturbed last December at one of these concert clubs. Or, maybe you sent more traditional Metal? My pick of Motley Crew is the Shout At The Devil album. My collection covers a lot of ground.

I got that Amon Amarth disc in, now I know what is meant by "Viking Metal" :) Hale Oden and all that stuff. The band is pretty good though.

All kinds of stuff coming towards ya. The latest add is a disc that was included with the newest ish of Metal Hammer mag that included a CD of Trad Metal. It's pretty cool. :9:

No Nickelback, tho. Sorry! :cryin:

atomicAdam
04-13-2009, 07:18 PM
Man, you are gonna hate the metal discs I'm sending you. :shocked:

LOL - I only hated 2 you sent me - the other two kicked ass. Thanks again Finch Platte

Finch Platte
04-14-2009, 07:56 AM
LOL - I only hated 2 you sent me - the other two kicked ass. Thanks again Finch Platte

You're welcome!

Wow, two out of four ain't bad. Just out of curiosity, what are the ones you hated? :p

atomicAdam
04-14-2009, 08:24 AM
You're welcome!

Wow, two out of four ain't bad. Just out of curiosity, what are the ones you hated? :p

I can't remember the names/titles off top of my head (not to good with that type of stuff) but it was the softer stuff. Was a bit too, well, soft for my taste in rock/metal.