Less than 10% THD [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Less than 10% THD

SpankingVanillaice
04-11-2009, 07:52 AM
I did find the cheapest idea to make the THD lower than 10% and that is I get something like the Boostaroo portable audio amplifier and then connect a passive pc speakers since then the amp only has 0.3% THD. I got some Compaq JBL Pro speakers I found on Ebay and they are passive type so I can connect those to the portable audio amplifer and it would sound good since then it's way less than 10% THD.

The Boostaroo #T613-ENC is a good portable amp with low THD.

SpankingVanillaice
04-13-2009, 12:03 PM
I know that maybe you guys think this is funny or something but when you dont' have money and want lowest THD this is the only way plus at least I got my favorite brand called JBL Pro speakers since you guys know that I always been a fan on JBL speakers. Ya Ya I know they might be betters speakers than JBL out there but I still like how JBL speakers sounds.

E-Stat
04-13-2009, 04:23 PM
I did find the cheapest idea ...
Stop continually fooling around with cheap approaches that get you nowhere. I've never seen anyone make so many lateral changes and not achieve any improvement.

Work and save your money towards reaching a goal. When you've got $500, buy a real system consisting of an integrated amp and decent speakers. Not plastic powered computer speakers. Or, buy an iTouch and some nice Shure earbuds. There are so many ways to improve what you have that really don't have to cost an arm and a leg. But invest your money in meaningful steps.

rw

SpankingVanillaice
04-13-2009, 06:06 PM
I did noitice alot of people talk about Shure earbuds but aren't Sony earbuds good too like the one I got? I mean mine did cost alot and as matter of fact they are top of the line from Sony. I know there are other Sony earbuds too but mine was top of the line from there since others didn't cost as much.

Now about the speakers you guys know that I like JBL speakers alot so that's why I get JBL speakers the most. Like the JBL Pro I got.

E-Stat
04-14-2009, 05:19 AM
I mean mine did cost alot and as matter of fact they are top of the line from Sony.
Never heard them, but I trust they are a step above the $20 variety Sony models that I had. Good. That's a step in the right direction.

rw

bobsticks
05-23-2009, 03:56 PM
Eskimo

GMichael
05-24-2009, 05:18 AM
That was a devilish bump.

bobsticks
05-25-2009, 07:53 AM
That was a devilish bump.

That's how I roll...

BallinWithNash