old Sharp speaker help! please! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : old Sharp speaker help! please!

alxmoore
04-09-2009, 04:04 PM
hi there, i have some old Sharp speakers with a connection i've never seen before, basically i've been told it connects directly the Sharp Hi-Fi system which i no longer have, what i'm wondering is is there something out there that could convert this into (apologies for my lack of techincal knowlege) red and white pins which connect into my current Hi-Fi or ideally into a jack or mini-jack male lead?! any help at All would be Hugely appreciated! thanks for your time,

alex

ps. i've tried to include a picture of the cable to help!

alxmoore
04-09-2009, 04:27 PM
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd106/alxmoore/DSC01514.jpg

alxmoore
04-09-2009, 04:27 PM
arck, yeah so that came out pretty crap but i hope you get the idea!

JohnMichael
04-09-2009, 04:39 PM
If you are hooking them up to a receiver with binding posts I would clip off the ends, bare the wires and while paying attention to polarity hook them up. Some older receivers have spring loaded clips to hold the wire and they can handle the bare wires. I do not think I would bother adding different plugs. What will you be plugging them into if not a receiver or amp as this could change the advice. I am not sure why you would use them with a mini jack.

alxmoore
04-09-2009, 06:29 PM
thanks very much! the reason they'd be used with a mini-jack is to simply use them as amplifiers for a laptop and/or iPod for now that's all!

yogo
04-22-2009, 06:36 PM
thanks very much! the reason they'd be used with a mini-jack is to simply use them as amplifiers for a laptop and/or iPod for now that's all!

Won't work. You'll need some sort of amplifier to drive the speakers from the ipod.

Not worth the trouble.

Powered computer speakers might be what you want.