Improve AudioSource Subwoofer [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Improve AudioSource Subwoofer

clavinova
03-18-2004, 09:20 PM
I saw some review on AudioSource Fifteen subwoofer about filling some accoustic insulation material to improve the bass quality. Could you please give some detail how to do that? For example, how to reach the inner cabinet of this subwoofer? What material and where I should buy and how to attach on the inner wall?

Also how do you use it with AV receiver when playing audion CD and also playing with 5.1 DVD? My AV reciver has a subwoofer output.

Really appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Clavinova

This Guy
03-19-2004, 05:26 PM
Yeah, buy a pound or so of fiber glass from partsexpress.com or some foam. Just get some heavy duty glue and glue it to the walls. Make sure there is a clear path from the woofer to the ports, so don't put the fiberglas in front of the port. To put all this stuff in, get a screwdriver and remove the subwoofer driver, and after you put the stuff in, screw it back in. Get an RCA cable and connect it to your subwoofer output on your receiver, than connect that to the right or left line level input on the sub. Set your main speakers to small. Feel free to ask anymore Q's.

-Joey