Soundwave by Vero Research Corp. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Soundwave by Vero Research Corp.

tungh
04-04-2009, 08:26 PM
Hi all,
I own a pair of Soundwave by Vero Research Corp., model: VR 1.5. Now I use CDP Marantz 99SE and Marantz PM-88aSE intergrated amplifier, Kimber Hero interconnect, speaker cable is Kimber 8VS for low frequency and silver DIY for high frequency. The problem is mid sound, it's dark and not clear, bass is not very deep... I tried to search some information by Google about my speakers but I felt.
Please lead me to the right way to solve my problem! May I change any part of my system?
Thanks for your sharing!!!

tungh
04-05-2009, 01:28 AM
I have some pictures of my Soundwave speakers...
Please help me!

Kevio
04-05-2009, 05:18 AM
Hi all,
I tried to search some information by Google about my speakers but I felt.
Me too! Actually I couldn't find anything. Do you have a manual for the speakers? The terminals on the speaker are not labeled. You're assuming one set is for HF and the other set for low but they may just be tied together and tied to the input of the crossover. How are the other end of the speaker cables connected? Have you checked to see that sound is coming out of each of the drivers?

tungh
04-05-2009, 07:15 AM
Me too! Actually I couldn't find anything. Do you have a manual for the speakers? The terminals on the speaker are not labeled. You're assuming one set is for HF and the other set for low but they may just be tied together and tied to the input of the crossover. How are the other end of the speaker cables connected? Have you checked to see that sound is coming out of each of the drivers?
I'm sorry, I have no material about these :cryin: I tested for the drivers and I could see 2 above connectors are for the tweeter (HF), and the others are for two mid-bass drivers (LF). 3 drivers are "sing". Everything is seems to be right! But I am trying to find the manual!
Anyone can help me? Please!!!!!

mlsstl
04-05-2009, 09:18 AM
Try the speaker in different room positions. For example, having them against a wall or in a corner can make a speaker sound muddy and heavy. You could also see if a friend has some speakers you could borrow one afternoon for comparison.

I've never heard of the brand before. It may be they were simply designed to sound the way they sound. Sometimes the main goal of some manufacturers is to make a product that looks good on the sales room floor but they don't worry too much about the sound quality.

Or, it could be a loose internal connection of a driver or crossover that is adversely affecting the sound. (However, the exact same defect is unlikely to be in both speakers unless the factory was having a really bad day.)

bfalls
04-06-2009, 06:47 AM
Did the sound change abruptly, perhaps after a reconfiguration or move? The lower midrange and bass output indicate your speakers may be out-of-phase. Try switching the polarity of one speaker (switch the + and - wires). Out-of-phase speakers will sound dull with no defined center image and lower bass output.

rtflash2010
03-29-2010, 01:28 PM
how can i get any pics or info on a pair vero research corp. loudspeakers #vr-1

biggertroy
05-06-2010, 04:13 PM
I own 2 sets of Soundwave speakers and a Soundwave center channel. There isnt a lot of info on them but they are high end speakers for sure. I drive mine with an Adcom power amp and the sound they produce is absolutely awesome. Troy

GWino
08-02-2010, 05:02 PM
I have owned and own many sets of Soundwave speakers and still have some info on them. Talked the manufacturer many times happy to share info.

Hyfi
08-02-2010, 05:39 PM
I'm not real familiar with your Marantz but if it is what I think, it's 16 years old. May need a tuneup. As these speakers have been described as High End, what else have you tried driving them with? Any modern High Current amp? Tubes? Also, what other speakers can this amp drive to your liking?

You may want to try what has already been suggested and move them away from walls and out into the room a little. You also may want to try de-coupling them from the floor. Do they have spikes? If yes, you can place them on slabs of granite/quarry stone using the spikes. You should definitely notice the bass clean up a bit. As far as mids and highs, that could be your amp just not having enough balls for the speaker, or room placement, or any of the other noted causes.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
08-02-2010, 07:26 PM
Something is very fishy here with a bunch of people with 1 and 2 posts commenting on these speakers that we really can't see.

Hyfi
08-03-2010, 02:59 AM
Something is very fishy here with a bunch of people with 1 and 2 posts commenting on these speakers that we really can't see.

There sure have been several SVI type posts here over the last few weeks.

ilibellasdad
12-15-2014, 09:54 AM
Hello.

I just recently purchased some used sonata's...Love them!
Like everyone before me I can not find much information on these speakers.
If you still have, would you be willing to send me any product literature you have?

thank you!!

Mitchell

services620
12-24-2014, 03:26 AM
I am complete this massage. But I have no full idea of this Soundwave by vero Research crop.

JohnMichael
12-24-2014, 10:56 PM
I am complete this massage. But I have no full idea of this Soundwave by vero Research crop.

Future spammer?