audio amateur
04-04-2009, 04:06 PM
Hi, and welcome.

Auricauricle
04-04-2009, 05:58 PM
Greetings!

Rich-n-Texas
04-04-2009, 07:03 PM
You joined in 2003. This is your first post. Why is that? What audio/video equipment do you own?

Jorge Cifuentes
04-04-2009, 08:16 PM
That's right, you are a keen observer. This is my first post because I never felt motivated to write or read other than reviews, until I fell onto an incredibly good post about Stanton and Pickering cartridges, which were the love of my youth (I'm 63).
The equipment I have is:
Yamaha DSP AX-620 Integrated Amp
Polk Speakers (RT400 front, R10 rear, CS1 center)
Energy ES10 sub
marantz st54 tuner
Sony CDP361 player (I have to replace it, now!)

Kenwood KR-6030 receiver
Tables: marantz 6270q (with Stanton 681 and 881); Thorens TD126 with SME iii arm, Shure V15-iii cartridge; Dual 621 with Shure V15-iii
Akai GX600D reel deck

marantz 1070 amp and 104 tuner
Advent speakers (the original Kloss)
Technics SL-10 table
Realistic SCT31 cassette deck
Sony WE 605S cassette deck

atomicAdam
04-05-2009, 01:35 PM
welcome welcome - i bet there are more lurkers out there - maybe they should speak up!

JoeE SP9
04-05-2009, 06:05 PM
Welcome Jorge!

You got some decent gear there. With gear like that you have opinions about gear and music. This is a place where we share our opinions.
Here, while we might not agree at least we understand what we're all talking about. Tell your neighbor that vertical tracking angle effects the sound of an LP. He or she will probably say "Huh?" Say that on this forum and you may get into a heated discussion. This is where we can share the symptoms of our sickness.

audiophilia nervosa: A mostly psychological affliction, although it can manifest physical symptoms. Primary symptoms: Uncertainty and anxiousness caused by failure to believe the gear is good enough. Secondary symptoms: Glassy eyed stare, dry mouth, hands involuntarily moving to wallet. Cure: Buy new gear. Caution: new gear can cause physical symptoms. Primarily: a bad back from moving amps and speakers around.

audio amateur
04-06-2009, 03:10 AM
He or she will probably say "Huh?" Say that on this forum and you may get into a heated discussion. This is where we can share the symptoms of our sickness.
audiophilia nervosa: A mostly psychological affliction, although it can manifest physical symptoms. Primary symptoms: Uncertainty and anxiousness caused by failure to believe the gear is good enough. Secondary symptoms: Glassy eyed stare, dry mouth, hands involuntarily moving to wallet. Cure: Buy new gear. Caution: new gear can cause physical symptoms. Primarily: a bad back from moving amps and speakers around.
haha that's brilliant!

Jorge Cifuentes
04-06-2009, 02:12 PM
I know the symptoms described by JoeE, I suffered some of them once while attending a sales event of EMI Classics, about 20 years ago. I was in front of most of the EMI CD catalog at incredibly low prices; while choosing -it was rather a harvest- I started to feel my mouth dry, my arms creeping, my feet cold. Recovery was fast though, few minutes of pleasant listening swept away any disorder.

JoeE SP9
04-06-2009, 09:22 PM
The problem is that you need a regular fix. Without that fix the symptoms return. Those fixes are sooooo goooood! I need one now!

fabchef
04-29-2011, 03:31 PM
Hey Jorge how are you? fabs here...i just posted today about a realistic tape deck (sct31) that i noticed you have...after i bought it i opened it up and saw that the belts where are all broken and one turned to glue! ) i was wondering if you changed your belts? if so where did you buy them from? if not...would you be able to open it up and tell me how many you have (2,4 belts)???? there isn't much info out there on this tape deck..thanks
fabs

Jorge Cifuentes
04-29-2011, 04:53 PM
Hi fabchef,

I just opened the deck, which by the way I haven't used for quite a few years. It has three belts, but unfortunately one is cut, and another is like a chewing gum. Only the one that moves the capstan is healthy. I'll have to go further and change them. I'll send you a report when finished. By the way, those belts are easily obtained locally. Cheers, Jorge.

Jorge Cifuentes
04-29-2011, 04:54 PM
Hi fabchef,

I just opened the deck, which by the way I haven't used for quite a few years. It has three belts, but unfortunately one is cut, and another is like a chewing gum. Only the one that moves the capstan is healthy. I'll have to go further and change them. I'll send you a report when finished. By the way, those belts are easily obtained locally. Cheers, Jorge.

fabchef
04-29-2011, 06:00 PM
Hi Jorge..thanks..i just sent you a private message...thanks
fabs