Energy Take Classic or Onkyo SKS-HT540 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Energy Take Classic or Onkyo SKS-HT540

bruhthakuga
04-04-2009, 05:29 AM
Anyone have any experience with both of these speakers sets? Or know of a better set for under $400?

I have a Onkyo TX-SR603X AV Reciever, Samsung LN52A650 TV and a PS3 in a room that is11 feet by 32 but I will only be concered about the sound in a '11X'11 section. Yes I will have the LCR and TV on the end wall and thus 21 feet of open space behind the rear speakers.

In a year or so I plan on spending about 2K$ upgrading my AV reciever and speakers but for now I want something that sound better than a Sparkomatic car speaker taped into a card board box with foam in it for a center speaker, a $5 second hand pair of Optimus STS 620 & a $5 second hand pair of Sony SS MB105 for rear.

blackraven
04-04-2009, 12:11 PM
Go with the Energy.

TheHills44060
04-04-2009, 02:55 PM
Another vote for the Energy Take Classic...

winston
04-04-2009, 03:52 PM
Bruhtha....you cant go wrong with that (Energy Take Classic) Man do a little webbing and you might get lucky <>$300 i grab a set from (Vanns) a few weeks ago for $299 for our bed room***** and dam" it got me thinking why did i spend so much on the on the main HT. CHECK THEM OUT!

bfalls
04-06-2009, 06:53 AM
Go with the Energys. Always go with speakers from a company who designs and manufacturers speakers. Alpha series speakers from PSB would also be good speakers in your price range.

D.G.
04-22-2009, 08:41 PM
Energy's All The Way !

pixelthis
04-22-2009, 11:05 PM
Go with the Energys. Always go with speakers from a company who designs and manufacturers speakers. Alpha series speakers from PSB would also be good speakers in your price range.

Always a good rule.
And dont fall for the designed in America but made in China.
DOESNT MATTER WHERE THEY ARE "DESIGNED" , where they are made stamps an
indelible character to speakers:1:

RoadRunner6
05-04-2009, 07:01 AM
The Energy Take Classic new 5.1 system is in fact made in China. They are excellent performing and an incredible value in their class. Many companies are now having their assembly done in China. As long as they work out the quality control issues the results have been excellent. Wharfedale in fact moved their entire operation to China several years ago.

A few of my own puchases have been designed elsewhere and made it China, such as my Emotiva XPA-5 amp, Outlaw Audio LFM-1 Plus sub and Nikon Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 AF-D lens (the optics are made in Japan). I have found the build and performance quality excellent in all of these products. My Benro C-258n6 8x Carbon Fiber Tripod was in fact designed and made in China. It has excellent build quality and perfomance very close or equal to the Gtizo tripod which Benro copied.

Get used to it. You are going to see more and more American, Canadian, Japanese and Korean (plus others) name brand quality products made and/or assembled in China.

RR6

PS ... Exceptions: Our Honda Accord and my wife Noriko were both made in Japan.