Upgradation A Little Help Please [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Upgradation A Little Help Please

KID
04-03-2009, 06:41 PM
Its Been Sometime Over 4 Year Now That I Have Been Using Hk Avr 630 With B&w 600 Series .recently I Purchased A Playstation 3 Which Has Hdmi Output ,since This Receiver Was Manufactured At A Time When Hd Concept Was Still Nascent In The Market It Dooes Not Have An Hdmi Input Hence I Have To Use The Spdif Liink For The Audio Output. I Have Absolutely No Complaints Regarding My Receiver And It Has Served Me Well Therefore I Request If Anyone Can Suggest Me A Suitable Substitute For My Receiver .. I Am Thinking About Nad.......

audio amateur
04-04-2009, 04:42 AM
Its Been Sometime Over 4 Year Now That I Have Been Using Hk Avr 630 With B&w 600 Series .recently I Purchased A Playstation 3 Which Has Hdmi Output ,since This Receiver Was Manufactured At A Time When Hd Concept Was Still Nascent In The Market It Dooes Not Have An Hdmi Input Hence I Have To Use The Spdif Liink For The Audio Output. I Have Absolutely No Complaints Regarding My Receiver And It Has Served Me Well Therefore I Request If Anyone Can Suggest Me A Suitable Substitute For My Receiver .. I Am Thinking About Nad.......
May I ask why you put a capital letter in front of each word?

As far as audio goes, if you have no complaints why do you want a 'substitute'?
Nad make good AV receivers as far as I'm concerned, you should also look at the new 640R version 2 by Cambridge Audio which will be coming out very soon. It should boast most of the new HD formats.
Other brands you want to consider are Denon Onkyo Yamaha Sony and Pioneer. They will carry most of the newer technology for a relatively small price.

Kevio
04-04-2009, 05:55 AM

As far as audio goes, if you have no complaints why do you want a 'substitute'? I'm trying to decide if that's more difficult to read than ALL CAPS. I think that it is.

its been sometime over 4 year now that i have been using hk avr 630 with b&w 600 series .recently i purchased a playstation 3 which has hdmi output ,since this receiver was manufactured at a time when hd concept was still nascent in the market it dooes not have an hdmi input hence i have to use the spdif liink for the audio output. i have absolutely no complaints regarding my receiver and it has served me well therefore i request if anyone can suggest me a suitable substitute for my receiver .. i am thinking about nad.......
In the translation I've provided, you can more plainly see that he's looking for a new receiver because he wants HDMI.

audio amateur
04-04-2009, 06:36 AM
its been sometime over 4 year now that i have been using hk avr 630 with b&w 600 series .recently i purchased a playstation 3 which has hdmi output ,since this receiver was manufactured at a time when hd concept was still nascent in the market it dooes not have an hdmi input hence i have to use the spdif liink for the audio output. i have absolutely no complaints regarding my receiver and it has served me well therefore i request if anyone can suggest me a suitable substitute for my receiver .. i am thinking about nad.......
How did you do that?

You're right, come to think of it it is a heck of a lot harder to read.

Mr Peabody
04-04-2009, 09:49 AM
I feel the NAD would be an upgrade in sound from the HK and definitely from the likes of a Sony, Pioneer or Yamaha. Those would be like punishing yourself for needing HDMI. I don't know how they compare in price but the new Rotel 1500 series receivers are supposed to be pretty good as well. I think you are on the right track by not only getting a more modern feature line up but to also go upstream in sound quality.

KID
04-12-2009, 04:20 AM
well thank you ...... i am actually considering the nad t785 model 7 x 120w and along with that the panasonic bd player which is region free......if there is any other receiver brands that are good besides rotel (they very expensive out here) then please let me know .

Mr Peabody
04-12-2009, 07:20 AM
Looks like you've chosen a good set up. Arcam had some decent receivers but I'm not sure if they are up to date with technology yet and they are also probably expensive. As far as performance for the dollar the NAD would be the one.

RoadRunner6
04-12-2009, 01:33 PM

No You May Not!

02audionoob
04-12-2009, 02:12 PM
How did you do that?

You're right, come to think of it it is a heck of a lot harder to read.

There's An Option In Microsoft Word To Capitalize Each Word. Maybe The Original Post Was Capitalized With That Feature And Pasted In Here.