slipped...

:frown5:

Troy
04-03-2009, 04:00 PM
Welcome to my world.

Demetrio
04-03-2009, 04:26 PM
BIG Troy,

How are you my friend? I was getting affraid you were not joining the forum anymore, thank God you are still around here too.

By the way, are Davy (DBI) and Chrisnz still around? I have not seen these two great guys over here yet, after I returned to this board some days ago...

These two guys also helped me a lot in my searches for some great new stuff, outside the prog musical universe.

Cheers,
Demetrio.

Troy
04-03-2009, 07:02 PM
Hiya big D! Same guy, a little older, a little bigger. Still doing photography, trying to get a 3rd book off the ground.

Dave is still around now and then, but cNZ, not for many years.

Two words: Umphrey's McGee.

3LB, sorry to hear it.
http://lostamerica.com/skunkworks/pearsonville.march/images/pear290.9.jpg

Finch Platte
04-06-2009, 08:58 AM
slipped...

Bogus, dude. :sad:

Good luck out there.

Gary

MasterCylinder
04-06-2009, 11:36 AM
Well that's some SuckNews.
My wife has been out of work almost 2 years............the unemployment checks did help a tremendous amount............go to your unemployment office and start receiving the benefits..........in the current stimulus package, there are better (and more) benefits out there than usual.

Rich-n-Texas
04-06-2009, 12:05 PM
Bad deal 3LB. Sorry to hear that.:nonod:

Swish
04-06-2009, 12:23 PM
Well that's some SuckNews.
My wife has been out of work almost 2 years............the unemployment checks did help a tremendous amount............go to your unemployment office and start receiving the benefits..........in the current stimulus package, there are better (and more) benefits out there than usual.
...it's call the Employment Office, although nobody goes there unless they're unemployed. :smile5:

Swish
04-06-2009, 12:25 PM
slipped...

...economy? If that's the case, I think things will be getting better toward the end of the year. I know that doesn't help you now, but brighter days are ahead. Stay positive and plan your course of action.

Best of luck to you.

3-LockBox
04-06-2009, 12:57 PM
...economy?

Yep. My wife works, and actually, she makes a lot more money than I do, so we won't be starving, but things will get tight. My job told me that they hope to recall most of us back in two or three months, but I won't hold my breath.

ForeverAutumn
04-06-2009, 01:05 PM
Sorry to hear it 3-LB. I hope that you get called back or that something else comes up soon.

Until then, what are you going to listen to with all that spare time?

3-LockBox
04-06-2009, 01:09 PM
Thanks all for the sentiment. I know some of you were already in the same boat, but its nice to read it just the same.

I just loathe the process of getting a new job. There are so many people out there looking for a job that its tough to stand out. Companies are looking for people who are way over-qualified - because they can get'em for cheap. And the area I live is a college town with mostly retail and service oriented type jobs who like to hire college kids. Worse yet, my last few supervisors were guys 10-15 years my junior. And more often than not, they're also the one conducting the interviews.

Believe me, the companies that are hiring are well aware of the situation, and they take full advantage - they want you to jump through your ass for that 10-11 bucks an hour.

So, no new music for me for some time. I think I'll be getting some new stuff gratis for doing album reviews (over at PE) so I won't be completely cold turkey. I have lots of music over the last few years I really should revisit anyway. I'm sure the missus will present me with a honey-do list any day now;)<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Jimmy B
04-06-2009, 09:43 PM
Bummer 3-LB I hope things turn around soon for you. Unemployment process sucks, I went through it in January. Very fortunately found a job!

Troy who took the picture?

Jimmy B

Troy
04-07-2009, 08:21 AM
Troy who took the picture?

Me! Lost America (http://lostamerica.com)

bobsticks
04-07-2009, 08:45 AM
Thanks all for the sentiment. I know some of you were already in the same boat, but its nice to read it just the same.

I just loathe the process of getting a new job. There are so many people out there looking for a job that its tough to stand out. Companies are looking for people who are way over-qualified - because they can get'em for cheap. And the area I live is a college town with mostly retail and service oriented type jobs who like to hire college kids. Worse yet, my last few supervisors were guys 10-15 years my junior. And more often than not, they're also the one conducting the interviews.

Believe me, the companies that are hiring are well aware of the situation, and they take full advantage - they want you to jump through your ass for that 10-11 bucks an hour.

So, no new music for me for some time. I think I'll be getting some new stuff gratis for doing album reviews (over at PE) so I won't be completely cold turkey. I have lots of music over the last few years I really should revisit anyway. I'm sure the missus will present me with a honey-do list any day now;)<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

It's absolutely horrible out there but Swishy's right. The financial sector is already seeing some relief and a measure of recovery should follow...though that doesn't alleviate any of the factors you mentioned. Chin up, friend you'll make it.

atomicAdam
04-07-2009, 06:31 PM
Me! Lost America (http://lostamerica.com)

Sorry to hear about the pink 3-LB.

Troy, those are some amazing photos!

MasterCylinder
04-08-2009, 04:26 AM
...it's call the Employment Office, although nobody goes there unless they're unemployed. :smile5:

You are correct on both points......and everyone employed there appears to be a loser.

3-LockBox
04-08-2009, 09:48 AM
and everyone employed there appears to be a loser.

Its the worst place in the world for me. I've never had any dealings with that place that I wasn't treated as if I were some kinda freeloader or even intruder. Maybe other offices in other towns are different, but not from what I've heard and read. Unfortunately, I've had to have dealings with them on four occassions since living in pacific northwest. I've never recieved any job offer from a referral from the unemployment office.

unleasHell
04-18-2009, 11:24 PM
Sorry to hear that 3LB, I was cut right before Thanksgiving found a new job within 3 weeks, that was 5 minutes from home, was happy there for a while, then they cut every ones pay, found another job in 3 weeks and start Monday,

NOTE: I love playing music in my car to-and-from work and working so close to home, I could basically play one song, no long jams ala QMS: Happy Trails, luckily my new job is at least 30 minutes away...LOL

PS: Post your Resume on Monster Board and the Career Builder boards...