Deathmetal band that features Elmo vocals? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Deathmetal band that features Elmo vocals?

3-LockBox
03-31-2009, 09:29 PM
Ha! made ya look...

Happy April Fools Day!

ForeverAutumn
04-01-2009, 04:29 AM
It took me a minute to figure out who Elmo was. I thought that you had mispelled emo! LMAO!

Mr Peabody
04-01-2009, 04:39 AM
You got me. Unfortunately, I still know Elmo although his attraction has faded some toward the Nickelodeon tunes. Anyway, my first thought was, "man give me back the Cookie Monster because if that wasn't annoying enough......".

Mr Peabody
04-01-2009, 04:44 AM
Actually, I was clicking on bands I hadn't heard before on the Amazon sampler and ran across this band Trivarium or something like that who didn't do Elmo but the CMV. What made it a bit interesting is they had some kind of electronic effect they used to make the vocal sound...... I don't know, like a growling robot or something.

3-LockBox
04-01-2009, 10:47 AM
Actually, I was clicking on bands I hadn't heard before on the Amazon sampler and ran across this band Trivarium or something like that who didn't do Elmo but the CMV. What made it a bit interesting is they had some kind of electronic effect they used to make the vocal sound...... I don't know, like a growling robot or something.

prolly a vocoder. Its an effect that's been around since the '70s, that went away, then re-emerged back about 7 or 8 years ago when share used it on her Believe album. Now, its over-used in a lot of techno/dance music. Hell, Pure Reason Revolution uses it on their latest.