Choosing the Sub woofer DIY for deep bass [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Choosing the Sub woofer DIY for deep bass

ataul
03-29-2009, 12:57 AM
Hi friends

I want to build a sub woofer for deep bass.
My preference is:-
-Good response.
-small in size (not too big).
-Easy to build.
-and Interesting.
Please help me for which type of sub woofer can i build.
my favorite music is pop music.

audio amateur
03-29-2009, 08:44 AM
What kind of budget are we talking?
Personally, i'd go with the Servo subwoofer kits from www.rythmikaudio.com
Have a look.

flippo
03-29-2009, 07:28 PM
Great driver. Here is a thread on the plans for said driver. Will be better than a rhthmic sub in my opinion. By the way, I also built a sub with this driver ( Not this one) and I am very happy with it. It is not boomy at all and has very little distortion. When built correctly and with enough power, this sub will have less distortion than a velodyne DD 15. Here is the thread:

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45528

audio amateur
03-30-2009, 02:48 AM
Great driver. Here is a thread on the plans for said driver. Will be better than a rhthmic sub in my opinion. By the way, I also built a sub with this driver ( Not this one) and I am very happy with it. It is not boomy at all and has very little distortion. When built correctly and with enough power, this sub will have less distortion than a velodyne DD 15.
Who said? I surely don't, and i'm pretty darn sure that's untrue. The DD15 boasts 1250W RMS, a 15" driver (a very good one at that) and a servo feedback mechanism. No chance the kappa will outperform it by any means.
I actually have a test of that sub (sealed box), and a test of the DD15 which I'll post later if I can find them.

audio amateur
03-30-2009, 05:40 AM
Ok, the ported design seems to yield better results, however I'm still very sceptical that it outperforms a DD15.
Could be a much cheaper alternative however.

yogo
04-18-2009, 08:25 PM
I don't know how much you want to spend but look at Dayton Audio. Goggle them.
They sell kits and are helpful if called.

I've bought goods there and am happy with my buys.