What's your favourite daily vice? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What's your favourite daily vice?

ForeverAutumn
03-25-2009, 10:23 AM
I usually kick off my day with a cup of black coffee. Due to a minor illness I am drinking my first cup of coffee since Saturday and it's soooooooo goooooood! Mmmmmmm.

What daily vice is part of your routine that you would miss if you couldn't partake in it? A morning coffee? An evening tea? The first cigarette of the day? A kiss from your significant other? Maybe just walking past a pretty co-worker. Or (ACK!) maybe it's checking in here. :yikes:

Auricauricle
03-25-2009, 10:27 AM
Cup of coffee in the afternoon at the local and a round with the NYT crossword.

Hanging with you guys...? Are you...? Yep: that, too!

kexodusc
03-25-2009, 10:43 AM
2 tbsp natty peanut butter, 1 cup cottage cheese...mmmmmmmm

Rich-n-Texas
03-25-2009, 10:50 AM
Two cups of coffee in the morning and another one after lunch. On weekends, it's a whole pot! And even though there are a few real dum...... on this site, and page load times are rediculously slow, yes this is my first stop (after getting the coffee) in the morning.

Mentally undressing pretty women as they walk past me is also a vice. Thanks for including that example FA. ;)

ForeverAutumn
03-25-2009, 10:54 AM
2 tbsp natty peanut butter, 1 cup cottage cheese...mmmmmmmm

I hope that you meant nutty peanut butter. Do you mix the PB into the cottage cheese? I'll have to try that. PB mixed into vanilla yogurt is good.

Luvin Da Blues
03-25-2009, 10:55 AM
Man, my whole day is full of vises I couldn't/wouldn't do without. This includes checking in here if not to just read what gems Pixeldix has to enlighten us with.

And thanks for askin'.:arf:

ForeverAutumn
03-25-2009, 10:56 AM
Two cups of coffee in the morning and another one after lunch. On weekends, it's a whole pot! And even though there are a few real dum...... on this site, and page load times are rediculously slow, yes this is my first stop (after getting the coffee) in the morning.

Mentally undressing pretty women as they walk past me is also a vice. Thanks for including that example FA. ;)

Um, I don't think that's what I said. :sosp:

Rich-n-Texas
03-25-2009, 10:58 AM
Oh. Okay. Well then nevermind that part.

L.J.
03-25-2009, 12:09 PM
Man, my whole day is full of vises I couldn't/wouldn't do without. This includes checking in here if not to just read what gems Pixeldix has to enlighten us with.

And thanks for askin'.:arf:

What he said! :cornut:

Groundbeef
03-25-2009, 12:51 PM
I've got a whole list.

1. Diet Soda (Coke or Mt. Dew). I can't stand coffee.

2. Checking various webpages. This one and a ponding/water garden are pretty high on the list.

3. Depending upon the season, I am partial to candy. Since it's Easter time, I am going hog wild over Brachs Jelly Beans. But they have to be the "Premium" Pectin jelly beans. I'm not kidding. I can't stand the normal ones. The pectin eggs are much softer inside, and don't have that crappy taste that other Jelly Beans have. Russell Stover used to make a mean pectin jelly bean, but they have switched to some funky flavoring system, and they suck.

Auricauricle
03-25-2009, 01:21 PM
Any familiarity with Jelly Bellies, Beefy?

ForeverAutumn
03-25-2009, 03:54 PM
3. Depending upon the season, I am partial to candy. Since it's Easter time, I am going hog wild over Brachs Jelly Beans. But they have to be the "Premium" Pectin jelly beans. I'm not kidding. I can't stand the normal ones. The pectin eggs are much softer inside, and don't have that crappy taste that other Jelly Beans have. Russell Stover used to make a mean pectin jelly bean, but they have switched to some funky flavoring system, and they suck.

I'm a bit of a jelly bean connoisseur myself. There is definatly a big difference between a good premium jelly bean and a cheap one. I like the Dare Juicee Jelly Beans. Thanks for the tip on the Brachs beans. I'll have to check them out.

I like some Jelly Belly flavours but they are waaaaaaaaay over priced and too small. Too much coating and not enough jelly.

Groundbeef
03-25-2009, 04:01 PM
I'm a bit of a jelly bean connoisseur myself. There is definatly a big difference between a good premium jelly bean and a cheap one. I like the Dare Juicee Jelly Beans. Thanks for the tip on the Brachs beans. I'll have to check them out.

I like some Jelly Belly flavours but they are waaaaaaaaay over priced and too small. Too much coating and not enough jelly.

I concur, Jelly Belly is all about name. In fact, I would classify Jelly Belly as the BOSE of Jelly Beans.

The Brachs ones are a bit of pain to find. They are all in similar bags. Premium "Tiny" eggs are crap. They are called Premium "Peacock" eggs, and also specify made with Real Fruit Pectin on the front. All the others suck (in the Brachs Line). I usually go through about 12 bags in an Easter Season. And I never get sick of them. Probably because I only eat them for 2 months.

ForeverAutumn
03-25-2009, 04:07 PM
I concur, Jelly Belly is all about name. In fact, I would classify Jelly Belly as the BOSE of Jelly Beans.

LMAO!

Auricauricle
03-25-2009, 04:22 PM
WHAM!

Luvin Da Blues
03-25-2009, 05:15 PM
WHAM!

Were they jelly bean aficionados also? Didn't take ya for a George Michael fan. :D

atomicAdam
03-25-2009, 05:29 PM

Seriously there are different types of Jelly Beans...I'm gonna have to stick my head out and around a bit more.

Vice, Cup of coffee in the morning.

A ride on the bike at least once a week.

Getting to the gym or working out somehow.

Music, always have to have music.

Checking the national news and talking shiat about politicians and government officials or heads of business.

JohnMichael
03-25-2009, 06:24 PM
Coffee in the morning and wine in the evening. Always need music but not available when at work and then it is HLN and stories of Casey and the Octomom.

Auricauricle
03-26-2009, 08:44 AM
Were they jelly bean aficionados also? Didn't take ya for a George Michael fan. :D

Come here a minute...

GMichael
03-26-2009, 10:04 AM
First vice: Awake to my stereo turning itself on.
2nd: Morning hug, kiss & cuddle with wifey.
3rd: Coffee, gots to have that first cup.
4th: You guys (and gals). Before I open my morning emails, I come here to see what's up.
5th: Love playing video games when I get home.
6th: TV. Can't keep up with all the shows that fracking DVR records all the time. By Thursday nights, I'm just catching up to Monday's shows.

Believe it or not, I've quit most of my vices over the years.

Rich, even I think you're a perv....

ForeverAutumn
03-26-2009, 10:20 AM
Rich, even I think you're a perv....

OMG! Rich! That's like Charles Manson calling you crazy.

Ohhhhhh, that's not good. :nonod:

Rich-n-Texas
03-26-2009, 10:55 AM
What?

What did I say? :cryin:

GMichael
03-26-2009, 11:06 AM
OMG! Rich! That's like Charles Manson calling you crazy.

Ohhhhhh, that's not good. :nonod:

Thanks FA. I knew that you would support me on... hey! Wait a minute......... Just one minute!:incazzato:

bobsticks
03-27-2009, 03:32 PM
Snuff movies synched to old Cal Tjader albums...

Rich-n-Texas
03-27-2009, 04:18 PM
Thanks sticks! My mind is back on straight now. :thumbsup: