Quick Impression - Audioquest VDM-X [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Quick Impression - Audioquest VDM-X

Ajani
03-25-2009, 08:19 AM
I finally got a Digital Cable to Connect my Squeezebox Classic to my Benchemark DAC1. I was previously using one cable from a pair of Audioquest G-Snakes (1M - $35 - Pair). I replaced the G-Snake with an Audiquest VDM-X Digital Cable (1M - $35 - Single) which is twice as expensive per cable and is a proper 75 ohm digital interconnect....

My initial impression was of an immediately clearer and improved sound... And that's where it ends... It sounded better, but I'm not feeling in a suitably 'audiophile' mood to sit down for the next few hours/days doing painstaking comparisons between the VDM-X and the G-Snakes to determine the extent of the difference (or if the difference is just my imagination)..

As far as I'm concerned, if a $35 Cable can improve the sound of my system (whether real or imagined) then it was money well spent...

Now, if anyone is willing to finance my research, I'd be happy to put on the old Audiophile cap and do a painstaking comparison...

Luvin Da Blues
03-25-2009, 08:45 AM
I can donate $1.27. 'Course that's 'bout 10 cents USD.

Ajani
03-25-2009, 10:27 AM
I can donate $1.27. 'Course that's 'bout 10 cents USD.

Wow, looks the good old Canadian Dollar has really deteriorated since I lived in Toronto :yikes:

As generous as that donation is, I think I'll hold out for a few more offers... :ciappa: