Snell JII Speaker refoam? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Snell JII Speaker refoam?

cjinc
03-24-2009, 05:20 PM
Hi!

I need your help. My Snell JII speaker foam is rotting out and needs to be replaced. Does anyone of somebody in the New York Metro area who can do this for me?

I am a little nervous about doing it myself with a kit and would just rather drop the speakers off and have it done right.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

CJ

RGA
03-26-2009, 12:37 AM
If you go to the audionotekits forum you may be able to get some help. Audio Note now makes the original Snell models including the K J and E.

As an aside should you need parts etc they may be able to help you down the road as well.

http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/audionotekits/bbs.html

Jimmy C
03-26-2009, 02:26 PM
Hi!

I need your help. My Snell JII speaker foam is rotting out and needs to be replaced. Does anyone of somebody in the New York Metro area who can do this for me?

I am a little nervous about doing it myself with a kit and would just rather drop the speakers off and have it done right.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

CJ

...from someone who refuses to replace his own windshield wipers...

I actually did a re-foam on that exact speaker, honestly wasn't bad.

You can call stereorepair.net (Stony Brook), but, IIRC, they don't do that - not sure why. There is, however, a funny note under "Services" about him cutting open a "box" at the end of a speaker cable only to find the same wire embedded in epoxy...hee hee.

Partsexpress.com has a 8' foam kit, $20.

I can understand your trepidation, but a 'lil patience...

Come to think of it, "patience" is probably MY problem!