Pagin bobsticks. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Pagin bobsticks.

Swish
03-24-2009, 01:53 PM
Are you still alive and kicking? Weren't you moving or something recently, which has kept you away from here much of the time.

Anyway, I just had to gloat a little about the Flyers kicking Cindy and his boys all over the ice on Sunday, and on theirice to boot. The only team I hate more than the Pens is the Devils, and last night's 4-2 victory over them at home was nearly as sweet, especially with Brodeur in goal. I'm not sure the Flyers can catch NJ in the standings, but I have no doubt they'll finish ahead of the Penguins, especially with 2 games in hand and a 4 point lead with the season dwindling down.

kexodusc
03-24-2009, 02:17 PM
So who are the Flyers going to play in the first round???? Lots of nasty choices - they match up well vs the Rangers though. Maybe the Habs too with the only East Conference playoff team whose goaltending is worse than Philly's at the moment.

Rich-n-Texas
03-24-2009, 02:31 PM
My Dallas Stars' ship is sinking fast. They can't even win at home right now. :sad:

kexodusc
03-24-2009, 02:38 PM
My Dallas Stars' ship is sinking fast. They can't even win at home right now. :sad:
Losing your two best players for half the season or more is a tough mountain for any team to climb, but in the West it's darn near impossible. Too bad...they're better than some of the teams ahead of them when healthy.

3-LockBox
03-24-2009, 02:51 PM
Are you still alive and kicking? Weren't you moving or something recently, which has kept you away from here much of the time.

Too many rep points. Once you get past 'glorious beacon of light', the next step is Ascension.

Rich-n-Texas
03-24-2009, 02:51 PM
I hope Modano comes back next year. He's the Dallas area's pride & joy, and it'd be a shame to see him retire on what could be a very sour note.

Mr Peabody
03-24-2009, 05:56 PM
3LB I tried to give you a chicklet toward your own ascension but apparently I'm not spreading it around enough :)

I have been missing Bobsticks as well. I wondered if maybe he was just posting on other threads than me. I wonder what happened to him.

What about St. Louie Blues, any chance?

Rich-n-Texas
03-24-2009, 07:29 PM
I tried to PM sticks a couple days ago, but as per usual, mailbox = full.

Auricauricle
03-24-2009, 07:37 PM
I tried the same thing....Yep. The boy done ascended.

Mr Peabody
03-24-2009, 07:49 PM
I hope things are alright for him. He usually checks in even when he's away from home.

Blues won tonight.

Auricauricle
03-24-2009, 08:11 PM
Well, we'll keep the porch light on....

But when he gets home, he's gonna be grounded!

Ex Lion Tamer
03-25-2009, 05:29 AM
Maybe the Habs too with the only East Conference playoff team whose goaltending is worse than Philly's at the moment.

The way the Habs are looking, Philly would have to overtake Boston for 1st overall to meet in the 1st round. I would also take Philly's goaltending over The Caps as well.

Swish
03-25-2009, 05:38 AM
I hope things are alright for him. He usually checks in even when he's away from home.

Blues won tonight.

...MIA for a little bit, but I can't seem to find it or recall exactly what he said. I do know that it's a temporary situation so not to worry.

Swish
03-25-2009, 05:42 AM
So who are the Flyers going to play in the first round???? Lots of nasty choices - they match up well vs the Rangers though. Maybe the Habs too with the only East Conference playoff team whose goaltending is worse than Philly's at the moment.

...in the regular season, goaltending won't matter quite as much. They were hurt early in the season with so many OT games, most of which they lost in the OT or a shootout. That hasn't been a problem of late, and Biron is looking better, so we shall see.

kexodusc
03-25-2009, 05:47 AM
The way the Habs are looking, Philly would have to overtake Boston for 1st overall to meet in the 1st round. I would also take Philly's goaltending over The Caps as well.
Hmm, yeah tough call there - I guess with the superior offence you do tend to overlook their goaltending issues.

But to be fair:
Theodore: GAA: 2.79, Save % .902
Johnson: GAA 2.81, Save % .908

Price: GAA 2.83, Save % .904
Halak: GAA 2.94, Save % .913

Adjusting for the more defensive play of the Habs vs.run n' gun Caps, though, I wouldn't say the difference is anything to argue about. This one's a wash for me.

Theodore has been playing tremendously well lately.

Luvin Da Blues
03-25-2009, 05:49 AM
...MIA for a little bit, but I can't seem to find it or recall exactly what he said. I do know that it's a temporary situation so not to worry.

Last PM I received from 'sticks was that he was renovating his kitchen...he then went on to say that he was moving soon. Maybe he's just too damn busy for us peons right now.

Auricauricle
03-25-2009, 05:51 AM
One nice thing about this part of the country...is that we have a little more class:

http://lowcountryhighrollers.wordpress.com/

Lots of fun for the whole family!

Rich-n-Texas
03-25-2009, 05:57 AM
Okay good. He's a true artist here.

GO FLYERS!!! All the way baby!!! :cornut:

kexodusc
03-25-2009, 06:01 AM
...in the regular season, goaltending won't matter quite as much. They were hurt early in the season with so many OT games, most of which they lost in the OT or a shootout. That hasn't been a problem of late, and Biron is looking better, so we shall see.

Against anyone but Pittsburgh in the 1st round I think you're right, and I do think they can beat Pittsburgh but that will be a harder match for them. Big year for the Flyers, anything less than a conference finals appearance will be an utter failure for this team this year, and that means likely going through a solid goalie with scoring in front of him in round 2. The pressure is compouned by the fact they are in the worst situation of any team for the next 3 years against the salary cap. It's unfortuante, and a bit unfair, but this is likely a do or die season before a lot of retooling delays the progress they can make....unless projections for the cap after next year are waaay off. Still, they're set for a long time.

Of course, I never cease to be amazed at teams' willingness to take on ridiculous contracts, maybe they can send Briere to LA or Florida for some useful pieces in return and solve a lot of problems? I'm a believer that Philly is a critical market in the NHL's success so I hope they keep the ball rolling. Sooner or later they gotta win? Right?

Rich-n-Texas
03-25-2009, 06:06 AM
...Sooner or later they gotta win? Right?
Yeah, just like the Eagles. :rolleyes:

Auricauricle
03-25-2009, 06:25 AM
...with Joe Walsh as goalie??

Ex Lion Tamer
03-25-2009, 08:02 AM
Hmm, yeah tough call there - I guess with the superior offence you do tend to overlook their goaltending issues.

But to be fair:
Theodore: GAA: 2.79, Save % .902
Johnson: GAA 2.81, Save % .908

Price: GAA 2.83, Save % .904
Halak: GAA 2.94, Save % .913

Adjusting for the more defensive play of the Habs vs.run n' gun Caps, though, I wouldn't say the difference is anything to argue about. This one's a wash for me.

Theodore has been playing tremendously well lately.

Didn't mean to imply that Habs goaltending was better than the Caps, (Habs is probably the worst in the NHL right now), just that the caps goaltending is weaker than the Flyers. Biron has looked pretty solid for the last few weeks - and we all know how h can play when he gets on one of his hot streaks.

bobsticks
03-27-2009, 03:22 PM
Hello bobsticks it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Whattup, fam? First time in several years that I've gotten that message and true it be that there is a move in the works...the sad thing is that it hasn't even taken place yet.I haven't forgotten my peeps though, and I shall indeed return soon to fulltime obnoxious posting status...just gimme a minute...

...if it's any consolation y'all would absolutely hate the music I've been listening too as of late...:biggrin5:

5382 R.I.P. Mask

Auricauricle
03-27-2009, 06:21 PM
It...it's...ALIVE!!

Rich-n-Texas
03-27-2009, 06:35 PM
So do they wear hats like that where you live Aa?

:biggrin5:

Auricauricle
03-27-2009, 09:19 PM
Rrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

bobsticks
03-30-2009, 02:53 PM
Am I ungrounded yet?

Btw, I don't know why you'd gloat to me, Swishdaddy. If there's any one on this board with a deeper dislike for Cindy and the Pens than you, it's me...

Swish
04-01-2009, 12:52 PM
Am I ungrounded yet?

Btw, I don't know why you'd gloat to me, Swishdaddy. If there's any one on this board with a deeper dislike for Cindy and the Pens than you, it's me...

...just gloating in general. I know you don't like Cindy and the Pens, and his ankle slashing days need to come to an end. He's going to irritate the wrong guy who will take his frickin' head off.

bobsticks
04-07-2009, 08:13 AM
...just gloating in general. I know you don't like Cindy and the Pens, and his ankle slashing days need to come to an end. He's going to irritate the wrong guy who will take his frickin' head off.

Fair 'nuff...I'm still holding out hope that the Rags will play spoilers and send Cindy to the links sooner than later. As fer choppin' his head off, maybe Mike Komisarek or Brendan Witt will do everybody a favor...