Pyle-Pro Speakers-Good Quality? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Pyle-Pro Speakers-Good Quality?

ohm1
03-24-2009, 09:05 AM
How about Pyle-Pro Speakers? (The Podium Speakers are something new and sound like something very good!! :D!) You ever hear of Pyle-Pro?: It's 300 Watts RMS. Quality? Thank you very much for your help :D! The picture of front and back is of Pyle Pro

(PYLE-PRO)
Brand New
1000 Watt Powered 15" Two-Way Plastic Molded Loudspeaker

# 15" Woofer
# 1.75" Titanium Compression Driver
# Full Featured 3 Channel Mixer
# Dual XLR and 1/4" Mic Inputs
# XLR & Stereo RCA Line Input
# XLR and 1/4" Line Outputs
# Master Volume, Bass & Treble Controls
# Frequency response: 30-22 KHz
# Power Output: 300 Watts RMS, 1000 Watts Peak
# Crossover Frequency: 2.2K Hz
# 110/220 Voltage Selectable
# 35mm Speaker Stand Mount
# Dimensions: W 20" (f) 12" (b) x D 16" x H 28.5"
# Weight: 56 lbs
# Wheels & Handles Included

audio amateur
03-24-2009, 09:22 AM
Why do you want so called 'pro' speakers?

ohm1
03-24-2009, 10:57 AM
I need self powered speakers for gigging--wedding ceremonies, one man band, DJ, band, singer perhaps. quality sound is what I need, I've never bought any self powered speakers--it's my first time, could you help me out? You ever hear of this brand? You ever hear it? Can you tell the quality at all from the specs?

audio amateur
03-24-2009, 11:01 AM
Sorry I really don't know much about pro speakers. It's very much about home audio on this forum.
I recommend you follow Worf's recommendations on the other thread. Good luck

This Guy
03-24-2009, 11:48 AM
eh it looks like a cheaper knock off of JBL's Eon powered speakers. They could be alright if you can get them for a decent price. How much are they? I never heard them so I'm not going to comment them any more than I have. Pyle-Pro is known to be a low cost alternative to some of the bigger brands, and they've been around for a long time, too. If the price is right and they offer some sort of warranty, I would say maybe.

This Guy
03-24-2009, 11:53 AM
after reading what Worf said in the other thread, his advice is the best. Look for some nice used JBL's, Mackies, Yamaha's, etc. unless you can get these for a disgustingly low price.

ohm1
03-24-2009, 12:17 PM
I just need good quality...If you could help me find a store/dealer where I can go hear a self powered podium 15", or a pyle 15" in my area I couldn't appreciate it anymore :D! ;D!
The pyle pros are $540 per pair (270 each :D) and the podiums are $250 each
These are brand new. But I am leaning on the podiums for quality and power i.e. VERY LOUD, CRYSTAL CLEAR

ohm1
03-24-2009, 12:23 PM
Could I rely on customer reviews on their products from their website? (Podium?) here's the link--the product I want is PP1502A
http://www.onlyfactorydirect.net/servlet/Page?template=customerreviews

From Charles S. about Podium Pro Audio's PP1501A Powered Speakers.
I was shopping online for powered speakers for my backyard parties. I was really interested in Pyle's powered speakers, but they were so expensive. Then I found OFD!!! The PP1501A had the same specs as the Pyle's, but were alot less money. So I bought them. I LOVE THESE SPEAKERS!! I just plugged my ipod into the speakers and now my parties are jumpin'!! I can't thank you enough OFD, THANKS!!!

From Steve H. about Podium Pro Audio's powered PP1202A and 1502A speakers.
I had the opportunity yesterday to play the pair of PP1202A's I got for a few hours yesterday and they are the real deal. The sound is just awesome,the quality is outstanding and compares to systems costing much more. I just got in my PP1502 speakers in and they are awesome. As you know I bought the PP1202A last month and they are equally as good. These are without question excellent quality products and I could not even think of spending for a mackie or JBL when I have you guys. The sound of these and the quality is just outstanding and I feel these items are among the best purchases I have ever made. I do not know how you sell such quality for so little. I know people question on the web how you do it and say they must be junk but I Have done this for years and If I was in the market for a mackie or JBL I would buy yours anyday as they are an outstanding value.
Thanks again,
Steve H.

MikeyBC
03-24-2009, 03:28 PM
SVI junior.

audio amateur
03-24-2009, 03:33 PM
SVI junior.
Sure, but SVI isn't exactly 'senior'

frenchmon
03-24-2009, 03:48 PM
I just need good quality...If you could help me find a store/dealer where I can go hear a self powered podium 15", or a pyle 15" in my area I couldn't appreciate it anymore :D! ;D!
The pyle pros are $540 per pair (270 each :D) and the podiums are $250 each
These are brand new. But I am leaning on the podiums for quality and power i.e. VERY LOUD, CRYSTAL CLEAR

IF you have a Guitar Center in you area you could go and hear the Mackies or other speakers that have a built in amp.

frechmon

MikeyBC
03-24-2009, 06:33 PM
Sure, but SVI isn't exactly 'senior'

That's true...he's been around here a relatively long time though

ohm1
03-24-2009, 07:11 PM
Who is SVI?

audio amateur
03-25-2009, 03:09 AM
Who is SVI?
I'll leave that to Mikey:ciappa:

MikeyBC
03-25-2009, 01:06 PM
Who is SVI?

Someone with a writing style very much like yours, you remind me of him and we all miss him :)

Worf101
03-26-2009, 06:57 AM
Sorry, I don't have AIM available to me at work Ohm1. But I've heard of Pyle speakers before. They've been around for quite awhile. I'd rate them below the JBL Eon's only because JBL's are road proven and been around forever. If I knew your budget I could be even more specific. Bottom line is how much you can spend. We use EAW mains in my band combined with twin power amps, a Mackie stereo powered head as a pre-amp and a JBL powered sub for mid to small rooms, another passive sub for larger rooms. This rig is about 4 years old and has never let us down.

I can't recommend EAW enough, expensive yes, but well nigh indestructable.

Da Worfster

audio amateur
03-26-2009, 07:17 AM
Someone with a writing style very much like yours, you remind me of him and we all miss him :)
:shocked:

MikeyBC
03-26-2009, 01:36 PM
his threads were entertaining and unpredictable.:crazy:

audio amateur
03-26-2009, 02:25 PM
I won't deny that, but to say we miss him :crazy:

:ciappa:

MikeyBC
03-27-2009, 03:55 PM
I won't deny that, but to say we miss him :crazy:

:ciappa:

Yeah, wrong choice of words i guess :o

jdwalsh82
03-03-2014, 02:23 PM
Okay... I have been doing pro audio for over ten years now. I excel in sound setup and design. I am an audio engineer. I also dj weddings and other events. If you are using the pyle speakers for just ceremonies... go for it. Cheap crap. That is how I describe them. I hope this gets to you sooner than later and you can return within the 30 day window to amazon. I have some jbl eon speakers that are 10 years old and work wonderfully. The pyle speakers lasted 6 months. They remain in brand new condition and were never pushed to any harmful levels.
It seems like a lot, but spend the money on some of the jbl 615 (pretty sure that is new model) or a pair of qsc k12s. The qsc will offer a deep bass that you can only usually get by hooking in a sub. With a pair of the 12s you can fill almost any room with great sound. Trust me, amazon.com good, pyle audio bad. Spend the money on good, reliable equipment. Nothing is worse than a wedding dj with crappy stuff.

jdwalsh82@gmail.com

if you have any questions.

JD

JohnMichael
03-03-2014, 03:55 PM
Okay... I have been doing pro audio for over ten years now. I excel in sound setup and design. I am an audio engineer. I also dj weddings and other events. If you are using the pyle speakers for just ceremonies... go for it. Cheap crap. That is how I describe them. I hope this gets to you sooner than later and you can return within the 30 day window to amazon. I have some jbl eon speakers that are 10 years old and work wonderfully. The pyle speakers lasted 6 months. They remain in brand new condition and were never pushed to any harmful levels.
It seems like a lot, but spend the money on some of the jbl 615 (pretty sure that is new model) or a pair of qsc k12s. The qsc will offer a deep bass that you can only usually get by hooking in a sub. With a pair of the 12s you can fill almost any room with great sound. Trust me, amazon.com good, pyle audio bad. Spend the money on good, reliable equipment. Nothing is worse than a wedding dj with crappy stuff.

jdwalsh82@gmail.com

if you have any questions.

JD

Welcome but since the post is almost 5 years old I think the 30 day return has been missed.

jdwalsh82
03-04-2014, 04:53 AM
Welcome but since the post is almost 5 years old I think the 30 day return has been missed.

Yeah... unfortunately, I was so quick yo post a reply that I neglected to notice the date. Well, hopefully my experience can help someone.

TheHills44060
03-04-2014, 05:25 AM
Never heard Pyle pro speakers but in college we used to take Pioneer, Sony, Technics, Sansui, etc... tower speakers and swap out the bass driver with Pyle car audio subwoofers. Oh lord did those things ever pound. It felt and sounded like a typhoon coming out of the speaker port. Shook the dorm ceiling and floor. One night we turned it up too loud and fried one of the Pyles, well we were totally intoxicated so we took the woofer out of the cabinet, and tossed it out of our third floor dorm room. At least we tried to but the thing was so heavy the magnet grazed the window sill, chipped it and sent it toppling end over end to the catwalk below. Some dude was walked by and saw it and said, "Whoa you guys don't want this?" We said heck no so he scooped it up and lugged it back to his dorm haha. Those are my Pyle memories.