CUE files in dbpoweramp [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : CUE files in dbpoweramp

nobody
03-19-2009, 03:59 AM
Is there any way to separate tracks and convert to apple lossless in dbpoweramp. I have some CD ripped to CUE file with a single FLAC file and I want to separate the tracks and convert them. I've used foobar to separate to wav file and then retagged, but it's kind of time consuming. Any ideas?

Feanor
03-19-2009, 05:44 AM
Is there any way to separate tracks and convert to apple lossless in dbpoweramp. I have some CD ripped to CUE file with a single FLAC file and I want to separate the tracks and convert them. I've used foobar to separate to wav file and then retagged, but it's kind of time consuming. Any ideas?

I'm pretty sure that dBpoweramp won't do this. Are you saying the Foobar will separate tracks but won't use the tag info from the CUE sheet?. I've never tried to do that myself.

There are special purpose programs that purport to separate tracks based on a CUE file but I haven't had much luck getting them to work reliably.

A lot of people do it, but personally I've never seen much point to ripping CDs to a single file with a CUE sheet. One problem I have with CUE sheets is that they store only a very limited set of metadata, e.g. they don't store 'Composer' which is vital to me as a classical listener. Nor will they store cover art, (although some music players will use a 'folder.jpg' file stored in the same subdirectory as the music file).

As far as I'm concerned the way to go is (a) store all tracks as separate files, and (b) store all metadata in the files themselves -- don't rely on metadata stored in separate files such as CUE sheets or iTunes XLM-formated library file. In that regard, BTW, dBpoweramp will convert not only the music but also tags to and from any formats that support them, even WAV. But once again, dBpoweramp it doesn't read or write CUE files to my knowledge.

nobody
03-19-2009, 06:20 AM
Yeah, I'm not a fan of having them in this format either, but I've got several on my hard drive so I was hoping for a program to at least split the tracks and leave what tag info is in there in there. Looks like I'm not gonna have too much luck. I'll just have to split 'em up and then convert again.

EricPost
08-09-2009, 06:15 PM
What you're looking for is CueTools (http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=50113)