State of Illinois [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : State of Illinois

Groundbeef
03-18-2009, 11:35 AM
Well, it has been a really strange couple of months in IL. Today we finally got the budget out the door, and the Gov gave the Budget Address.

It was pretty cool to be involved in the process and gain some perspective in how hard Government workers really do work. Put in several weeks of 70hrs each, many times not going home till well after 9:00pm. Some nights at 12:00. And then back up at 5:00am to start again.

Our last Governor wasn't anything to write home about, but the new one seems very humble, and willing to get the State back on track.

He came to our office after the address, and thanked each of us. I at least had the forthought to bring my camera "just in case". I may have to post the picture, except that no one has seen me on here.:prrr:

Rich-n-Texas
03-18-2009, 11:55 AM
And no one wants to, so crop yourself out of the picture. Simple eh? :smilewinkgrin:

GMichael
03-18-2009, 01:39 PM
You mean that the picture under your name isn't you?

Rich-n-Texas
03-18-2009, 02:59 PM
Can't be GM. I complimented him twice on his new dentures, but was ignored both times. OTOH he may just be rude or doesn't know how to take a compliment. :shrug:

Smokey
03-18-2009, 04:41 PM
Can't be GM. I complimented him twice on his new dentures, but was ignored both times. OTOH he may just be rude or doesn't know how to take a compliment. :shrug:

Maybe he is one of former governor Rod Blagojevich's appointee :cornut:

Rich-n-Texas
03-18-2009, 06:10 PM
Good point there Festus.

And nice of you to stop by. You haven't started any threads in Fav Films recently. What's up with that?

Smokey
03-18-2009, 06:18 PM
And nice of you to stop by. You haven't started any threads in Fav Films recently. What's up with that?

Just take a look in FF before you speak :ciappa:

Groundbeef
03-19-2009, 05:43 AM
Maybe he is one of former governor Rod Blagojevich's appointee :cornut:

Nope, never met the man. And if I had, I wouldn't have wanted a picture of him.

ForeverAutumn
03-19-2009, 05:56 AM
Well, it has been a really strange couple of months in IL. Today we finally got the budget out the door, and the Gov gave the Budget Address.

It was pretty cool to be involved in the process and gain some perspective in how hard Government workers really do work. Put in several weeks of 70hrs each, many times not going home till well after 9:00pm. Some nights at 12:00. And then back up at 5:00am to start again.

Our last Governor wasn't anything to write home about, but the new one seems very humble, and willing to get the State back on track.

He came to our office after the address, and thanked each of us. I at least had the forthought to bring my camera "just in case". I may have to post the picture, except that no one has seen me on here.:prrr:

It's nice to hear some positive words about a politician these days. I'm sure that there are some good, decent, hard working politicians out there but we so seldom get to hear about them over all the yelling going on about the bad ones.

Glad that you had a good experience with this Beefy. I hope it continues that way.