Optimal Use of Energy Take Classic [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Optimal Use of Energy Take Classic

bruhthakuga
03-18-2009, 07:23 AM
I am considering buying the Energy Take Classic for my setup. I have a Onkyo TX-SR603X

The room where I have my TV is 32 feet by 11 with 7 feet ceilings, I will only be conserned with how the sound is in a '11 X '15 part of the room. On the end of the room where I have everything six feet of the wall actually drops back about four feet sort of like a closet without doors. I will have the sub in there but I plan on having the other speakers centered with the smaller width of the room, as if there wasn't a drop back.

Are the Energy Take Classic good for that? I am trying to get over my prejudgment of smaller woofers. I was impressed upon by the Cnet review but thought that input for you real guys would be a good pill to take also.

Sincerely
KUGA

blackraven
03-18-2009, 04:33 PM
Personally, I think that it be OK, that room is fairly large but it is long and narrow with low ceilings. If your concerned, you could put together a system with the Energy C-100's or C-300's for the front speakers, the CC50 for the center and the C-50's for the rear and the Energy ESW-10 sub or some other sub. Check out the prices at www.audioadvisor.com.
This would play louder and probably sound better.