Fireball [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Fireball

MasterCylinder
03-18-2009, 04:27 AM
Released in 1971, this DEEP PURPLE material was essential to the "drive-around-smoke-a-joint-crank-the-8-track" crowd of which I was a member at the time in the DFW area.

Found this in the rack over the weekend and had to play it (twice).........some good stuff on this CD...........followed the next year with MACHINE HEAD.

Favorite track = NO ONE CAME..............extremely cocky !

richmon
03-18-2009, 06:33 AM
I was part of that same DP automotive fan club, only we played the previous one, In Rock.

Recently saw the 'Masters from the Vaults' DVD recorded in Europe early 70's. Excellent footage, this was before Richie Blackmore got his 'attitude' which spoils alot of DP video for me. I'll see if I can burn it and send it to ya, it really ROCKS.

MasterCylinder
03-18-2009, 06:45 AM
Excellent footage, this was before Richie Blackmore got his 'attitude' which spoils alot of DP video for me.

lol @ Blackmore's attitude............no disagreement.

Dallas Memorial Coliseum, 1972, just after the release of MACHINE HEAD.........me and a buddy from the automotive fan club camp out most of the night before tickets go on sale for the DP concert...........not first in line but reasonably close............SCORE !..........front row tickets..........we show up the night of the show..........seats are directly in front of the PA stage left (before we learned how to suspend the speakers)...........what a mistake..........my ears still hurt.

BarryL
03-18-2009, 07:18 AM
Released in 1971, this DEEP PURPLE material was essential to the "drive-around-smoke-a-joint-crank-the-8-track" crowd of which I was a member at the time in the DFW area.

Found this in the rack over the weekend and had to play it (twice).........some good stuff on this CD...........followed the next year with MACHINE HEAD.

Favorite track = NO ONE CAME..............extremely cocky !

...with tunes like Child in Time and The Mule.

But more so metal pioneers.

Finch Platte
03-18-2009, 07:58 AM
Most eggcellent disc. I'll have to play this when I get home.