Frequency [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Frequency

MasterCylinder
03-17-2009, 08:24 AM
Since I read where DaveG mentioned a new CD coming soon from IQ I had to go to their webpage and check it out.............

FREQUENCY will apparently arrive next month............and a very small supporting tour will land in Philly on 8/8/09 at a Prog Festival for the only live show in America..........very cool for you guys living near there.

As I type this, I have EVER in the desktop..............and one of my favorite discs of the last ten years is still SEVENTH HOUSE.

Don't you love anticipating new arrivals ?

ForeverAutumn
03-17-2009, 09:31 AM
In Philly eh? I'm not holding my breath for Swishy to attend this one. :D

You know it's thread titles like that one that make me miss the old software. So many things come to mind in response to "frequency". :devil:

WRT new arrivals, the anticipation is fun, but it sucks when the actual CD doesn't live up to the anticipated expectations. I hate when that happens.

MasterCylinder
03-17-2009, 09:38 AM
So many things come to mind in response to "frequency". :devil:
...................the anticipation is fun, but it sucks when the actual doesn't live up to the anticipated expectations. I hate when that happens.

I'll do my best !

Esther ?

Is that you, babe ?

;)

3-LockBox
03-17-2009, 10:46 AM
I love Seventh House, but was underwhelmed by Dark Matter.

MasterCylinder
03-17-2009, 11:01 AM
I love Seventh House, but was underwhelmed by Dark Matter.

EXACTLY !
So FREQUENCY better be good............the website reflects a theme associated with radio signals and the galaxy.........maybe ?

Rich-n-Texas
03-17-2009, 11:32 AM
I'll do my best !

Esther ?

Is that you, babe ?

;)
No, that's Aunt E.

:sosp:
(Note: I'd stay on-topic but I don't know who IQ is.)

BarryL
03-17-2009, 12:42 PM
Dark Matter...PHHHHHH.

Positive bands don't do well when they go dark.

The Flower King's Rainmaker comes to mind as as big flop.

I haven't spun Dark Matter for years, but if I recall the big epic was about war, or 9/11 terrorists, or some such thing. I guess it's hard to keep such matters in a positive key.

Dream Theater did okay on their war tracks a couple of CDs back. Sacrified Sons on Octavarian?

Yes did okay on their war epic Gates of Delerium. I love that one.

Let's see what Queensryche can do on their new release. It's hard to write war songs without getting preachy and coming across with cliches and bromides about the hell of war. It's certainly an important topic, but it takes extra creativity to turn it into something artistically worthwhile. Queensryche has shown very little for their efforts for a decade now.

As to creative war themes, Roger Waters and Bob Ezrin did a great job with The Wall.

Cudos too to Gino Vanelli for his War Suite on The Gist of the Gemini.

Demetrio
03-19-2009, 12:05 PM
Hey, good news indeed.

I will be waiting to get my copy as soon as it is available.

Demetrio.

kexodusc
03-19-2009, 03:09 PM
I loved Seventh House but I really liked Dark Matter too...excellent music - can't really remember much about the lyrics - guess that was a bit of let down but oh well.
Cool album cover though.

Very happy to hear they've got new music...lookin' like a good year!!! Mastadon, DT, IQ...yaaayyyy.