I Need Help! Which surrounds? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help! Which surrounds?

orts22
03-16-2009, 09:29 AM
I need help on deciding what pair of L/R surrounds i need I have an Outlaw 950 Preamp Processor Carver TFM-35x powering the front Bose 901VI SAE 202 powering the Bose 601 II rear surrounds Audio Source AMP TWO powering the Infinity Beta C360 center & Velodyne DPS12 sub Do the Bose 301V sound like the correct speakers for L/R surrounds for this setup ? Im thinking about a pair of Fluance AV-BP2 I listen to mostly music Any suggestions?

blackraven
03-16-2009, 02:44 PM
Stick with the same brand speakers as a general rule. Although the reflecting design of Bose does not lend itself well to HT use. I would probably stick with 5.1 instead of 7.1 given that you are using this design. Too many reflecting sound waves.

orts22
03-16-2009, 10:36 PM
Stick with the same brand speakers as a general rule. Although the reflecting design of Bose does not lend itself well to HT use. I would probably stick with 5.1 instead of 7.1 given that you are using this design. Too many reflecting sound waves.
Thanks Raven, maybe i"ll buy a decent pair of L/R & if it sounds bad i can use em in a bedroom [no big loss]

hifitommy
03-22-2009, 11:16 AM
and some other conventional spks in the front. the localization of images will be much better. infinity makes some affordable primus towers that should do nicely. in the meantime, you could try the 301s in the front without deflecting the tweeter output with the vane.

its likely to be bass shy with the 301s in the front unless you use velodyne sub . any of the bose spks would do great in the rears but are too difuse for front satellite use.

magneplanar MMGs in the front with the velodyne may just yield a GREAT sound.