New Queensryche about to hit the street [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New Queensryche about to hit the street

Mr Peabody
03-14-2009, 09:38 PM
I heard a song off this album and it sounds quite a bit different from anything I've heard these guys do before. I like the song though. The name of the new album is American Soldier and is a concept album. The lyrics are based on interviews with veterans from various conflicts from WW2 to Desert Storm. I lost interest in the band after Empire and even that album didn't have staying power for me, I ended up trading it to my brother a few years back. The song I heard has me interested in this new release. Preorder on Amazon is $9.95. Personally even at $10 I'll wait to get more of a feel for the other songs.

MasterCylinder
03-16-2009, 09:03 AM
The lyrics are based on interviews with veterans from various conflicts from WW2 to Desert Storm. I lost interest in the band after Empire and even that album didn't have staying power for me,

Interesting................I had EMPIRE in the changer over the weekend and was planning on posting something about it here today...........it had been a couple of years since I listened to that one...........and as good as it is, I agree that it lacks a little something............but overall a very good effort.
Have they produced anything since then that even stands close to EMPIRE ?

The new release sounds interesting.........at least in it's concept.

Rich-n-Texas
03-16-2009, 09:29 AM
I have the multi-channel (DVD-A) version of Empire; I like most of the songs but because of the fact that the sound quality is so good, it gets plently of air time.

BarryL
03-16-2009, 10:33 AM
[QUOTE=MasterCylinder
Have they produced anything since then that even stands close to EMPIRE ?

[/QUOTE]

I'm quite fond of the follow-up to Empire, Promised Land. It's a bit more piano-based. Nice melodies, great vocals. After that, their output has suffered from an incredible lack of creativity, IMO.

Mr Peabody
03-16-2009, 01:18 PM
They did Operation Mind Crime and I believe they did a sequel to that as well. Some of the tracks on the original are alright but the sound quality of that album is really bad. I don't understand that since Empire was really good for the day.

I'll have to check out Promised Land, I didn't know that existed. The new song I heard has sort of a Classic Rock sound to it. It got a couple spins during the Monday Night Metal show even though I wouldn't call the song Metal at all.

Warning is still my all time favorite by them so that tells you where I'm coming from.

Mr Peabody
03-19-2009, 07:51 PM
I went out to look at Queensryche albums and they had a few I never heard of. Promised Land had good reviews but the samples sounded like QR as well as a couple others, not bad just didn't do much with just a 30 second snip, but an album that sounded good to me and got average reviews, sounded different from the usual QR was the album Tribe. I ordered up a copy. I don't know why people don't like when a band tries something new as long as it was done well. I may change my mind but a couple songs on Tribe really sounded good. I hope they post some samples of the American Soldier before long.