Swishdaddy going to see Spoon again... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Swishdaddy going to see Spoon again...

Swish
03-13-2009, 07:40 AM
...and I can't believe they're coming to the Chameleon in Lancaster on April 26th, although it's a Sunday night so maybe not so peculiar. That being said, I checked the Spoon website and they're playing the NOLA Jazzfest on the 24th, and they don't have any shows listed after the one at the Chameleon, so why are they traveling from NOLA to Lancaster, PA for this little show? The Chameleon is pretty small and prolly doesn't hold more than a couple thousand when totally packed, and it's most SRO. There are a few seats/stools on the second floor, which is also where they normally have the bar set up, so I'll be getting there early to get a good spot. Tickets were only $25.00, although most of the Chameleon shows are reasonably cheap, but I got a freebie from a local guy who works for XPN.

Anyway, I'm really glad they're playing this show, but remain bewildered as to why. I would think they are just a bit too 'big' for this place. :confused:

ForeverAutumn
03-13-2009, 07:56 AM
You must have made a really good impression on them when you met them!

Mr MidFi
03-13-2009, 07:58 AM
Very strange indeed. Makes me think they might possibly have some unannounced dates up their collective sleeve. If anyone hears loose talk about any Chicago dates...please raise a flag for me! I still haven't seen them.

Swish
03-13-2009, 11:46 AM
You must have made a really good impression on them when you met them!

...in the bunch that got back-stage passes at the Philly show about 8 months ago. Maybe I'll get another one for this show and ask them if they remember me. :smilewinkgrin:

Ex Lion Tamer
03-15-2009, 11:19 AM
...and I can't believe they're coming to the Chameleon in Lancaster on April 26th, although it's a Sunday night so maybe not so peculiar. That being said, I checked the Spoon website and they're playing the NOLA Jazzfest on the 24th, and they don't have any shows listed after the one at the Chameleon, so why are they traveling from NOLA to Lancaster, PA for this little show? The Chameleon is pretty small and prolly doesn't hold more than a couple thousand when totally packed, and it's most SRO. There are a few seats/stools on the second floor, which is also where they normally have the bar set up, so I'll be getting there early to get a good spot. Tickets were only $25.00, although most of the Chameleon shows are reasonably cheap, but I got a freebie from a local guy who works for XPN.

Anyway, I'm really glad they're playing this show, but remain bewildered as to why. I would think they are just a bit too 'big' for this place. :confused:

You can color me green on this one...Spoon is at the top of my "Bands I haven't seen yet but want to" list. I don't think they've ever been to Montreal. ;-(

Kevio
03-16-2009, 02:44 PM
Spoon!