Be-Bop Deluxe [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Be-Bop Deluxe

BarryL
03-12-2009, 12:25 PM
I've been spinning the first three Be-Bop Deluxe albums in my CD player (hard to get them to fit!).

Those are three great albums, culminating in the 10 out of 10 Starburst finish, and I'm talking about the music, not the naked chick on the cover (also a ten).

Modern Music was also pretty good, but didn't have the fresh feel of Starburst.

After this Bill Nelson began to change the format toward electro-pop, and did some interesting things. But I liked is space-age themed guitar-based stuff more.

And then in 1978 Gary Numan put out the great album Replicas and became the new king of space pop. Another 10 out 10 album.

Jim Clark
03-13-2009, 05:37 AM
I've been spinning the first three Be-Bop Deluxe albums in my CD player (hard to get them to fit!).

Those are three great albums, culminating in the 10 out of 10 Starburst finish, and I'm talking about the music, not the naked chick on the cover (also a ten).

Modern Music was also pretty good, but didn't have the fresh feel of Starburst.

After this Bill Nelson began to change the format toward electro-pop, and did some interesting things. But I liked is space-age themed guitar-based stuff more.

And then in 1978 Gary Numan put out the great album Replicas and became the new king of space pop. Another 10 out 10 album.

Shameless plug for my bud Troy but for anyone that doesn't already know - Troy designed some album covers for Be Bop Deluxe. That alone makes these worth picking up.

And Gary Numan is da man. Drives me nutzo that all most people know is that silly song Cars.

jc

BarryL
03-13-2009, 05:44 AM
I'm sure Troy wishes he designed covers for Be-Bop Deluxe, but unfortunately, you're wrong about this.

I'll let Troy plug his own work, but I did love his first book (I still need to buy his second from amazon).

Jim Clark
03-13-2009, 09:13 AM
I'm sure Troy wishes he designed covers for Be-Bop Deluxe, but unfortunately, you're wrong about this.

I'll let Troy plug his own work, but I did love his first book (I still need to buy his second from amazon).

Me? Wrong? I suppose it's possible : )

Sure thought he did though.

I know I"m right about Gary Numan being da Man though.

jc

ForeverAutumn
03-13-2009, 09:35 AM
Troy did make a most excellent Be Bop Deluxe comp a few years back. Maybe he did the cover for that?

Finch Platte
03-13-2009, 11:05 AM
Howzabout a comp? I've only heard Live In the Airage (?) and that was a long time ago at that.

fp <---- young geezer, not to be cornfused with
http://pop.ology.com/files/2009/01/young-jeezy.jpg

BradH
03-13-2009, 01:34 PM
I think Troy did a cover for a Bill Nelson solo disc. Can't remember which one.

Jim Clark
03-13-2009, 01:56 PM
I think Troy did a cover for a Bill Nelson solo disc. Can't remember which one.

Thank you Brad. Some kind of assurance that it's just partial senility is awesome. 'course it didn't help that I was away from the board for so long.

jc

BradH
03-13-2009, 05:42 PM
Being on the board won't help you with senility. Just look what's happened to Finchy. It's tragic, sad & costly. But we still luv him for his glory years.

Dave_G
03-16-2009, 02:24 PM
I like them but Troy is the fan boy LOL.

Dave

Troy
03-17-2009, 06:16 PM
I did a cover for a CD single for Bill Nelson, yeah.

If I did BBD covers I woulda had to do them when I was 12.

I like all the BBD releases, but think the later ones were the best. From Modern Music onwards they were all excellent.