Real Life... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Real Life...

Sugar Beats
03-10-2009, 09:38 AM
My Grandpa who is 95 yrs. old in Michigan sometimes sends me funny or cute stories that amused him. Here are a few I got today...hope they make you smile. Have a good day!

Before the shopper could pay for her groceries w/ a personal check, the checker needed her address. "What's your street name?" the checker asked.
"I don't have a street name," replied the customer, "I just go by Juanita."

A teenager, who'd been in a drug rehab, came before a judge. He told the court how he was gradually overcoming his addiction. The judge was impressed. "Well done," he said. "Let's hope you end the year on a real high."

A Navy recruiter was addressing his younger audience and doing it on terms they could understand. At one point, he asked the group, "Anyone play the video game US Navy Seals?"
"I have," said one teen.
"Have you gotten to the level with the bridge yet?"
"Yes."
The audience leaned forward, anticipating a story similar to that of the video game...
The recruiter looked at the young man and asked,
"How do you beat that level?"

Driving around in a parking garage looking for a spot a man could find nothing, no available space. He spotted a couple walking up ahead and pulled closer, "Going out?" He called to them.
"No," said the man, "Just friends."

ForeverAutumn
03-10-2009, 12:07 PM
Good ones! I like your Grandpa. :)

Auricauricle
03-10-2009, 12:33 PM
Sounds like my granpa...Caught him with his mouth on granma's neck, his dentures in a glass..."Whatcher dooin', granpa," I ask. "Jus' teethin', son," he replied.

Sugar Beats
03-10-2009, 12:50 PM
Good ones! I like your Grandpa. :)

Thanks FA. He's a real honest to goodness character. It wasn't too long ago that he sent me a pic of him dressed in nothing but shorts and boots in the middle of winter in his backyard holding a very large log over his head! It's a hilarious picture! I still don't know what the heck he was doing? I think he was trying to prove to us that he doesn't need help shoveling his walks or anything like that!

I know the neighbor kid goes over and does it, so that's good. He's 95 for pete sake!

Yep Auri, they sound like they are cut from the same cloth alright!

ForeverAutumn
03-10-2009, 03:43 PM
Thanks FA. He's a real honest to goodness character. It wasn't too long ago that he sent me a pic of him dressed in nothing but shorts and boots in the middle of winter in his backyard holding a very large log over his head! It's a hilarious picture! I still don't know what the heck he was doing? I think he was trying to prove to us that he doesn't need help shoveling his walks or anything like that!

I know the neighbor kid goes over and does it, so that's good. He's 95 for pete sake!

Yep Auri, they sound like they are cut from the same cloth alright!

Um, who took the picture?!

Auricauricle
03-10-2009, 03:48 PM
I'm tryin' so hard not to make a joke, here....Really trying....

ForeverAutumn
03-10-2009, 03:52 PM
Don't hurt yourself. Let it out man!

Auricauricle
03-10-2009, 03:59 PM
Gimmea minnit...Gotta log on....(Ooops!)

ForeverAutumn
03-10-2009, 04:05 PM
Gimmea minnit...Gotta log on....(Ooops!)

Badumpum! :7:

Hey did I just fall for being your straight man (so to speak)?

Auricauricle
03-10-2009, 04:11 PM
You did great. Can a getta cymbal-crash with the badump-pun?

ForeverAutumn
03-11-2009, 07:51 AM
Okay, this one isn't from my Gramps but it made me laugh out loud!

A teacher was doing a study testing the senses (taste) of first graders using a bowl of lifesavers.

The children began to identify the flavors by their color:
Red.......................Cherry
Yellow...................Lemon
Green...................Lime
Orange................ Orange

Finally the teacher gave them all HONEY lifesavers. After eating them, none of the children could identify the taste.

'Well,' she said, 'I will give you all a clue. It's what your mother may sometimes call your father.'

One little girl looked up in horror, spit her lifesaver out and yelled, 'Oh my God!! They're ass-holes!'

GMichael
03-11-2009, 07:55 AM
Tishhhhhh................

bfalls
03-11-2009, 08:40 AM
Okay, this one isn't from my Gramps but it made me laugh out loud!

A teacher was doing a study testing the senses (taste) of first graders using a bowl of lifesavers.

The children began to identify the flavors by their color:
Red.......................Cherry
Yellow...................Lemon
Green...................Lime
Orange................ Orange

Finally the teacher gave them all HONEY lifesavers. After eating them, none of the children could identify the taste.

'Well,' she said, 'I will give you all a clue. It's what your mother may sometimes call your father.'

One little girl looked up in horror, spit her lifesaver out and yelled, 'Oh my God!! They're ass-holes!'

IIIIIIIII LLike it! Good one FA.

Auricauricle
03-11-2009, 09:12 AM
I teacher is telling the kids about some new vocabulary words. She goes to the board and writes:

Nachos
Facinate
Hotel

"Does anybody know how to put these words into sentences," she asks.

After a few moments, with nobody raising a hand, little Juanita raises her hand.

"Great!" says the teacher. "Juanita, could you give us some examples?"

"Sure," says Juanita. "My mother gave me a new dress. It's mine and nachos."

"Erm, yes...." replies the teacher. "Go on..."

"This dress is beautiful. It has nine buttons in the front. I can facinate."

"Um...."

"But my mother says the dress is too tight. She says, 'Honey, when you bend over, I can see your hotel!'"

"Thank you, Juanita."