Kimber Hero or Kimber Siver Streak? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Kimber Hero or Kimber Siver Streak?

tungh
03-07-2009, 11:58 PM
Hi all,
I have a system with Accuphase E-211 amplifier, Dali 104 speakers, CDP Marantz 16F, interconnect is Kimber Hero and speaker cable is Kimber 8VS. I'd love to listen too Allan Taylor, Norah Jones, Diana Krall. Everything seems to be done, but I feel the low frequency is too much. I changed my interconnect with another which is pure silver... I can hear some sounds from my system that I couldn't hear before. So, I think my problem is the Kimber Hero interconnect. Now, I have a plan to "invest" another. Kimber Silver Streak is one of choices... Please help me some advices about Silver Streak (if should) or upgrade my room (if should not).
Thanks a lot!

basite
03-08-2009, 03:29 AM
"upgrading" your room is always a good idea to keep in mind, but it has to be done carefully, and I don't know how your room looks, so I can't comment on the nessecity of upgrading it...

but for cables, definately look at Siltech and Nordost too. nordost can sound slightly thinner, but very very detailed, with a tight bottom. Siltech (I use an MXT New york myself), has a very large soundstage, very clean sound, great detail and a strong, yet tight bottom, definately not overpowered sounding.

I compared quite some cables a while ago, including the Kimber Hero, and I wasn't truly impressed by it's sound...

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

tungh
03-10-2009, 06:20 AM
"upgrading" your room is always a good idea to keep in mind, but it has to be done carefully, and I don't know how your room looks, so I can't comment on the nessecity of upgrading it...

but for cables, definately look at Siltech and Nordost too. nordost can sound slightly thinner, but very very detailed, with a tight bottom. Siltech (I use an MXT New york myself), has a very large soundstage, very clean sound, great detail and a strong, yet tight bottom, definately not overpowered sounding.

I compared quite some cables a while ago, including the Kimber Hero, and I wasn't truly impressed by it's sound...

Keep them spinning,
Bert.
Well, I forgot a very very important thing... My room is about 15m2 (W:3 x H:1.95 x D: 4.4m), the height is my big problem.
About the cables, my friends adviced me to try Furutech and Nordost. I know these mark, but in Vietnam, I can not find to buy the original ones... on the other hand, I have no more experience to know which is the original. So, may be I will try to upgrade my room first, like your recommend.
Thank you so much!
Best regards
tungh

tungh
04-04-2009, 09:22 PM

Keep them spinning,
Bert.
Dear basite,
I upgraded my room and the rusult is amazing! Thank you so much! After several weeks, I have to do something that need some money, so I must change some parts... not happy. So now I used Marantz PM88aSE, Marantz CD-99SE and Soundwave VR 1.5 speakers (by Vero Research Corp.). The problem is different, mid is dark and not clear, bass is not very deep... Well, I feel bad. Do you have any suggest?
The second is your Sitech! could you show me some pictures?
Many thanks!