Kudos [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Kudos

Auricauricle
03-07-2009, 12:47 PM
In this thread, I wanted to get a buzz going about any good experiences folks have had regarding their equipment and manufacturers. I know that quite a few posts of this sort have already been placed, but I think a formal place for them should be available. We do a lot griping, it seems, and not enough tipping of the hat. So...

To start, I would like to send kudos people of Audio Technica, for their very good customer service. The other day, I misplaced the 1/4" adapter for my headphones, the ATH AD700, not a cheap pair, but still very reasonable for their performance and construction. Anyway, I wrote the Customer Service dept., asking about how much a replacement adapter would cost, etc., and shortly got the reply that it would be replaced for no charge. Today, the adapter arrived, and I am back in business....

Maybe this is a small matter to some of you, but it is a big deal to me. This kind of service, a reply from a real person, who responded quickly and without any hullabaloo, speaks well of a company like AT. These days we get a lot of news about mega-companies who seem to have forgotten about their consumers, and do what they do without little regard for anything but the almighty buck. Thank you, Audio Technica, for restoring my faith!*

Okay guys....Your turn! Any good experiences out there?

Jack in Wilmington
03-07-2009, 01:52 PM
It is nice in this day and age to find a company that cares about the customer. I had replaced my Paradigm Monitor 9's with a pair of Usher X-719's. I listed them on Craigslist and got a quick response. I had them biwired and explained this to the buyer. I could tell that he wasn't completely understanding me, so I told him that I had the jumpers if he wanted to just use one pair of wires. After agreeing on the price and pick up date he left. The next day I started to disconnect them and look for the jumpers. I was sure that I had put them in my audio box. The jumpers for my Ushers were there, but not for the Paradigms. I went up to my Paradigm dealer and asked them if they could order me a set of jumpers and explained that I was in sort of a time crunch. They knew that I had gone to another dealer and bought the Ushers and could have told me to take a hike, but instead they took a pair of jumpers from another pair and gave them to me. Six months later when I decided to replace my subwoofer, I went back to my Paradigm dealer, who also sold REL subwoofers and bought the T2. I didn't forget what they had done for me. Sorry to get so long winded.

JohnMichael
03-07-2009, 02:57 PM
My previous pair of speakers needed more stand height than my Sanus speaker stands could provide. I liked the stands and did not want the expense of another pair of stands let alone a place to store them. I contacted Sanus and they sold me a new pair of columns at a very reasonable price. Now I have the choice of two stand heights and the columns by themselves are easy to store. All this at a price much less than two complete pairs of speaker stands.

blackraven
03-07-2009, 08:38 PM
Many thanks to Frank Van Alstine for putting up with me and allowing me to audition several pieces of equipment in his home and mine. I ended up buying his Hybrid preamp and hybrid DAC. He is a true and honest gentleman.

Thanks to Niles Audio. They sent me a free 16vDC adapter free when the amp switcher I bought on Ebay did not come with one.

Thanks to Roy Hall of Music Hall who promptly answered my emails to him.