I Just Won Concert Tickets! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I Just Won Concert Tickets!

Sugar Beats
03-06-2009, 11:45 AM
Unbelievable! I never win anything!

I just went to pick up Jack @ daycare & they announced giving away Def Leppard, Poison & Cheap Trick tickets! I've got the # programmed in my phone, so I thought what the hell.... AND I WON!

Lucky caller # 9! That's crazy! I never win anything. Well once I won @ Bingo @ a company party, that was years ago. And one time I was picked out of the crowd to be the "Queen" @ Medevial Times, but if you don't know what Medevial Times is, (it's in Orange County) then you dont' know what that means... so forget it... it's not exactly "winning" something, but it was cool. But this is better!

Yea! I'm so totally stoked right now!

ForeverAutumn
03-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Congratulations! That's very cool! I wouldn't mind seeing that show myself. :)

GMichael
03-06-2009, 11:55 AM
Cool. How many did you win?

Sugar Beats
03-06-2009, 12:12 PM
Cool. How many did you win?

They gave me 4. Why do you & wifey want to attend?

GMichael
03-06-2009, 12:28 PM
Would luv to.

Sugar Beats
03-06-2009, 12:34 PM
Would luv to.

Great! You two up for a road trip or something then?

Hey, I wanted to tell you congrats on the baby GIRL! That's great!

Have you thought of any baby names yet? That would make a good thread.

When I was pregnant 2 years ago, before I knew Jack was a boy (a boy is what I desperately wanted, btw) I liked the name Chloe.

So it would have gone, Taylor Anne, Coop, Katie & Chloe. But "Chole" turned out to be Jack, so I didn't ever get to use it & thankfully never will! Since we are soooo done now! Heehee.

GMichael
03-06-2009, 12:51 PM
We already picked out names either way. Her name is going to be Saraphia. It's her grandmother's name on her mother's side. I like it. She'll end up being called Sarah though. I'm not a big fan of Sarah, but my wife loves it. I'll just call her Saraphia and I'll be happy too.

Sugar Beats
03-06-2009, 03:47 PM
My mom's name is Sara, so I'm pretty biased on that one. Plus when my youngest daughter was little she used to name every stuffed animal she owned either Sally or Sarah. I don't know why?!

Good choice!

Jim Clark
03-06-2009, 05:28 PM
Well congrats to you. Def Leopard opened for the first concert I ever attended. They were on the road to support their debut album - On through the Night. That was my first and last Def Leopard album but I have some fond memories. The bill for the night was April Wine, Def Leopard and Ted Nugent. All for a paltry 9 bucks! Some would say I got screwed : )

Don't forget the earplugs!

jc

3-LockBox
03-06-2009, 07:44 PM
Poison huh? Hopefully they're the second act between Cheap Trick and Def Leppard, that way you can take a bathroom break, got get some snacks, etc. Saw them open for Ratt (yeah, I know) when they were touring for their debut album...well, Ratt was marginally better. Is Bret Michaels still their lead singer?

Sugar Beats
03-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Poison huh? Hopefully they're the second act between Cheap Trick and Def Leppard, that way you can take a bathroom break, got get some snacks, etc. Saw them open for Ratt (yeah, I know) when they were touring for their debut album...well, Ratt was marginally better. Is Bret Michaels still their lead singer?

Dude! I saw them open for Ratt as well! How funny! Good call on the bathroom break. I def. hope the line up is as you outlined. I'm not sure about Michaels, but think he may be. That guy is such a dweeb!

ForeverAutumn
03-07-2009, 05:57 AM
I have a story....

About five or six years ago we went to see the taping of a local talk show called The Mike Bullard show. Bret Michaels was one of the guests that night and Poison was playing in town that night. During one of the commercial breaks Bret came over the audience and started just chatting with people. A real nice down to earth guy. Then he asked the audience who was going to his concert that night. A few people had tickets, then he asked who wanted to go and the audience started cheering. He then said that if we wanted to go to the show to give our name to one of the producers on our way out and tickets would be waiting for us at the box office. We put our names on the list and sure enough, when we arrived at the venue there was a set of tickets for us.

We went to the show and they put on a pretty good show. We're not huge Poison fans (although it is good music to work out to) and we didn't even know that Bret Michaels would be on the Bullard Show that night. But the band doesn't take themselves too seriously and they put on a fun arena-style rock show with lots of lights, flash pots, etc. I would see them again just for the fun time.

Sugar Beats
03-07-2009, 08:51 AM
FA, that's a good story. That's cool that he was down to earth & gave everyone tickets. I hope it'll be a fun show. I think I like maybe 1 or 2 of their songs.

When I was nursing Jack after he was born and would be up all hours of the night, sometimes I'd go out and flick channels since I would have trouble going back to sleep... This was a couple years ago now, but I caught a few pieces of episodes of some horrible & hilarious dating show he did, I think it was called Rock of Love? Or something like that anyway. They totally did a skit of it on SNL that was pretty funny. Anyway watching him make out with like chick after chick didn't do much of my opinion of him (or the caliber of the girls on the show, most of em' seemed like the had the IQ of a rock). Anyway, that's all I know about the guy... hence why I called him a dweeb.