Recent or Upcoming Concerts [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Recent or Upcoming Concerts

jonnyhambone
03-05-2009, 05:41 PM
I've been a bit of a music slut lately...bought a ton of new music (mostly used vinyl at least) and have been seeing/will be seeing some pretty good live music. Anyone else unabashedly loose about their aural pleasuring in these tough times?
Recent-ish shows:
Wovenhand
Deerhunter w/ Times New Viking
No Age
Wire (& they were excellent)
Antony and the Johnsons (incredible!...see 'em if you can on their current tour)
P.O.S. - great new album out, 'Never Better'
Dirty Projectors (tomorrow night at the Walker)
Soon: (tix in hand)
Andrew Bird (April)
Animal Collective @ 1st Ave. (May)
Tallest Man On Earth (April)...great songwriter...
Wavves (April)
Neko Case w/ Crooked Fingers (April)

what's on your list?

ForeverAutumn
03-05-2009, 06:22 PM
Andrew Bird in April
Coldplay in July.

The summer concert announcements are just starting though, so I expect to add a couple more shows to my short list over the next few months.

Hyfi
03-06-2009, 05:11 AM
Had tickets for Les Dudek but it was cancelled for some reason and the reschedule has not taken place. Considering Keith Emerson in the summer and whenever Victor Wooten comes back this year, I'll be there.

Ex Lion Tamer
03-06-2009, 06:22 AM
Confirmed - Tickets in hand...

Bloc Party / Holy **** - March 18
The National - May 22nd

Seriously considering...

Tindersticks - March 9
The Weaklerthans & The Constantines - March 26
or Greg Brown on the same day.
Andrew Bird - April 4
Neko Case & Crooked Fingers - April 16
Doves - June 2

And if I can swing it - Airborne Toxic Event - tonight

Mr MidFi
03-06-2009, 06:51 AM
Yeah, toss me on the "seeing Andrew Bird in April" pile. At the Chicago Civic Opera House...should be interesting.

Sugar Beats
03-06-2009, 10:19 AM
I saw Disturbed in January & am going to pick up No Doubt/Paramore tickets tomorrow.

Not alot of acts come this way. So travel may be required to get to some other concerts I'd like to.

Dave_G
03-06-2009, 12:29 PM
I went and saw The Australian Pink Floyd and Yes last fall, and I want to see Morrissey, Todd Rundgren, and I see DEVO is playing in Dallas in a few weeks, are they touring? I wish - they were one of the best bands I ever saw. Looks like Ian Andreson is doing some acoustic gigs stateside as well soon.

Dave

Swish
03-07-2009, 03:17 PM
I just saw that Shearwater is opening for her in Austin at the end of this month, and was hoping they would when I see her on April 10th, but I can't find anything on her website or the venue's (The Keswick) that names the opener. Shearwater would make it doubly sweet.

Swishbaby

jonnyhambone
03-07-2009, 03:25 PM
I should double check that but I think it's Crooked Fingers.
Missed a chance to see Shearwater a bit over a year ago at a tiny bar...bummer.

ForeverAutumn
03-07-2009, 08:12 PM
I just saw that Shearwater is opening for her in Austin at the end of this month, and was hoping they would when I see her on April 10th, but I can't find anything on her website or the venue's (The Keswick) that names the opener. Shearwater would make it doubly sweet.

Swishbaby

I looked on the Shearwater web site for you. They list the show in Austin w/Neko Case on March 31, and then no other shows listed until May. Looks like you're out of luck my friend.

Swish
03-08-2009, 06:46 AM
I looked on the Shearwater web site for you. They list the show in Austin w/Neko Case on March 31, and then no other shows listed until May. Looks like you're out of luck my friend.

Thanks for the semi-bad news. Ha!

ForeverAutumn
03-08-2009, 06:48 AM
Now who's the resident genius grandaddy-o? ;)

You're welcome. :)

Hyfi
03-08-2009, 10:07 AM
Just got my tickets for Keith Emerson on June 6th at a little 645 seat theater. Couple other good shows at the Colonial Theater in Pheonixville, PA including Leo Kottke and Dicky Betts..

ForeverAutumn
03-08-2009, 12:36 PM
Barry just played the Keith Emerson Band CD for me earlier today. Not under the best listening circumstances, but it sounded quite good from what I heard.