Weekend Plans? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Plans?

L.J.
03-05-2009, 09:19 AM
I'm bored!!!

What you guys got going this weekend?

Me...I'm gonna be chillin' in Tahoe with the wife for 3 days. Sippin' on my favorite drank and chillin' at the Embassy Suites.......WITH NO KIDS:biggrin5:

GMichael
03-05-2009, 09:29 AM
I'm bored!!!

Me...I'm gonna be chillin' in Tahoe with the wife for 3 days. Sippin' on my favorite drank and chillin' at the Embassy Suites.......WITH NO KIDS:biggrin5:
The wife and I will be going out to dinner to celebrate the kid we have on the way. Just found out yesterday that she's having a girl. That's what we were hoping for.

audio amateur
03-05-2009, 10:04 AM
Yeah... going home for 4 days:3: I'm attending the Geneva Motor Show all day monday:3:
In the meantime hopefully I'll be setting up the Kef iQ5 SEs I bought for my parents:14:
Can't wait!

ForeverAutumn
03-05-2009, 10:23 AM
Congrats GMichael!!! Teach her about audio and how to type as soon as possible. This site needs more females. ;)

I've been offered tickets for Saturday night's Leaf game, so I'm trying to get out of a family dinner so that we can go to the game. Other than that I hope to catch up on some sleep and hit the driving range for a couple of hours. The temperature is supposed to hit double digits this weekend, so I'm going to sit around, relax and watch the snow melt. :)

GMichael
03-05-2009, 10:29 AM
At the rate we are going, do you think this site will still be here when she learns to type? I'll give her your email address though. She can call you Aunt E.

Rich-n-Texas
03-05-2009, 10:47 AM
Why don't I have Aunt E.'s e-mail address? :incazzato:

Yeah, I tell you what I'm doing this weekend and you rub my nose in the fact that you'll be in Tahoe. No chance joystick boy. :nonod:

ForeverAutumn
03-05-2009, 10:48 AM
At the rate we are going, do you think this site will still be here when she learns to type? I'll give her your email address though. She can call you Aunt E.

Aunt E. I like it!

L.J. I'm happy to see that you and your wife are able to get away and enjoy some time alone together this weekend. I hope that you have a fantastic weekend!

dean_martin
03-05-2009, 10:48 AM
damn! the birds are singing outside my window. after the brief cold front that brought snow into parts of Alabama and Mississippi last Friday, it's in the high 60s today and I'm stuck in this damn office. not sure what I'm gonna do this weekend other than try my best to avoid work. I've got da spring fever bad.

I may try a little whiskey hunting this weekend (my latest obsession). Pensacola, FL which is less than an hour away has some great liquor stores. Then, open a new bottle and hang outside if this great weather continues. I'm waiting for that perfect slighlty cool evening when I can sit by the fire pit while sipping some Sazerac Straight Rye Whiskey and smoking an Arturo Fuente Shorty Story. I can drag the portable system outdoors and listen to some tunes. I'm discovering a lot of tunes that go really well with whiskey.
The Black Keys - Attack & Release
Iron & Wine - The Shepherd's Dog
Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet (particularly side 2)
RL Burnside - A Ass Pocket of Whiskey (no surprise there - this one is great on the second pour and beyond)

Need more time to do more diggin' for more whiskey tunes.

BTW, it's good to hear you've got a great weekend planned, LJ. Saw a news story yesterday on how Vegas is on the skids due to the economy. Not sure about Tahoe, but you may find some decent deals, extras, perks, freebies, etc. while you're there. Be sure to report back (uhh...not on everything).

And, congrats to GM and wife!

Rich-n-Texas
03-05-2009, 10:49 AM
Depends on whether or not SOMEBODY can take this site past the *crippled little engine that can't* status.

Rich-n-Texas
03-05-2009, 10:52 AM
Congrats GMichael!!! Teach her about audio and how to type as soon as possible. This site needs more females. ;)

I've been offered tickets for Saturday night's Leaf game, so I'm trying to get out of a family dinner so that we can go to the game. Other than that I hope to catch up on some sleep and hit the driving range for a couple of hours. The temperature is supposed to hit double digits this weekend, so I'm going to sit around, relax and watch the snow melt. :)
So, about 33 degrees F. huh? :thumbsup:

88 degrees here today, about 90 tomorrow. GAWD I love Global Warming. :cornut:

ForeverAutumn
03-05-2009, 11:03 AM
So, about 33 degrees F. huh? :thumbsup:

88 degrees here today, about 90 tomorrow. GAWD I love Global Warming. :cornut:

10C = 50F. So it's about 45F here today and supposed to reach about 60F tomorrow.

90F tomorrow? Really? So what's it like there in July and August? We don't usually hit 90 until late June/early July here. Then it gets humid as hell and 90 feels more like 105.

GMichael
03-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Hey Aunt E. When was the last time a twister went through your parts?

audio amateur
03-05-2009, 11:17 AM
I didn't know they used Celcius degrees in Canada..

bobsticks
03-05-2009, 11:22 AM
I mo curse y'all with lyrical voodoo...

GMichael
03-05-2009, 11:25 AM
I think that's pretty much how it is everywhere but here. I was told in grammer school that we would be entirely switch over within 10 years. That was in 1972. What's the conversion from US years to Celcius years anyhow?:mad5:

ForeverAutumn
03-05-2009, 11:58 AM
Hey Aunt E. When was the last time a twister went through your parts?

We get a few every year. But the last one that I remember where there was a lot of damage (thankfully, no deaths) was in 2005 (I had to look up the date). There were a couple in Feanor's neck of the woods last year (I learned that when looking up the 2005 date).

Canada used the Imperial system up until the early 70's when we switched to the Metric system. I belong to the first generation of Canadians brought up on Metric in the school system. I can take measurements in either feet or metres, but I really only understand Celsius when it come to temperatures. I had to pull out a temp converter to make sense of Rich's post.

Worf101
03-05-2009, 11:58 AM
TRY TO GET F***IN' WARM!!!!!

I'm bout sick of this winter.

Da "grousing old man" Worfster

GMichael
03-05-2009, 12:05 PM
Hang in there Worf. Winter ends in 15 days.

(But it won't get warm for 2 more months)

Luvin Da Blues
03-05-2009, 12:17 PM
Canada used the Imperial system up until the early 70's when we switched to the Metric system. I belong to the first generation of Canadians brought up on Metric in the school system. I can take measurements in either feet or metres, but I really only understand Celsius when it come to temperatures. I had to pull out a temp converter to make sense of Rich's post.

I'm just a little older than you. I was in school when they were making the "conversion" and I use both equally. The industry I'm in uses Imperial but for most all else metric prevails.

audio amateur
03-05-2009, 12:42 PM
I'm obviously more used to Celsius but I have a rough idea of what is what when people are talking Farhenheit.
Converting is a pain because the relationship isn't linear.

ForeverAutumn
03-05-2009, 01:01 PM
I'm obviously more used to Celsius but I have a rough idea of what is what when people are talking Farhenheit.
Converting is a pain because the relationship isn't linear.

I have a really nice conversion program on my Palm Pilot. It can convert almost anything to anything else. Want to know the conversion from Celsius to Kelvin? Howabout to Rankine? Or perhaps you want to know how many ounce force inches in a pound force foot? I don't know what any of those mean, but I can convert them for you. :thumbsup:

GMichael
03-05-2009, 01:02 PM
I took a lot of science classes back in the day, so I'm fairly used to the metric system. Wish we'd make the switch finally. Everything is half and half now. My pool stick is 68 inches long but has a 12 mm tip. And it weighs 18.75 ounces. WTF is that about? Cars have 1.8 liter engines but have 50 inches of headroom.

audio amateur
03-05-2009, 01:16 PM
Metric is adapted to the way we count, so it makes more sense really.

I have a really nice conversion program on my Palm Pilot. It can convert almost anything to anything else. Want to know the conversion from Celsius to Kelvin? Howabout to Rankine? Or perhaps you want to know how many ounce force inches in a pound force foot? I don't know what any of those mean, but I can convert them for you. :thumbsup:
Those are measures of torque. Torque is basically a rotational force if you like ( for example, it's used sometime to measure the optimum force you apply to a bolt in order for it to be safely screwed, if you see what I mean). It's also a measure of an engine's 'power'. Sweet program:thumbsup:

Groundbeef
03-05-2009, 01:52 PM
America will never switch to metric. Ever. It's what make's us well...American. It might not make a lot of sense, but there is a lot of feeling against metric.

It will continue to be taught in science, but as a practical matter, we love our quirky system.

I like pounds and inches. I don't care that metric is a base 10 system. It doesn't matter that it is easier. It's not American.

The US going metric has as much chance as Mexico, Canada, and the US introducing the "Ploony Greenback" (Peso, Loony, Dollar). Like it or not, it's here to stay. And you goofs in Canada better get used to it. We may have the screwy measurement system....but you have Quebec.

L.J.
03-05-2009, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the comments folks.

Well turns out we're leaving today instead of tomorrow so I'm outta here.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!

GMichael
03-05-2009, 02:08 PM
Have a great time LJ.

Luvin Da Blues
03-05-2009, 02:14 PM
We may have the screwy measurement system....but you have Quebec.

Trade Ja.

bobsticks
03-05-2009, 02:22 PM
Peace, LJ...have a good one.

Trade Ja.

Absolutely not.

Groundbeef
03-05-2009, 02:31 PM
Trade Ja.

So not only would we need to learn metric, we would also have to learn French? Non! C'est impossible!

ForeverAutumn
03-05-2009, 03:02 PM
America will never switch to metric. ... And you goofs in Canada better get used to it.

What makes you think we give a rat's ass?

Groundbeef
03-05-2009, 03:15 PM
What makes you think we give a rat's ass?

Oh please. All you have to do is sit inside for 11 months out of the year (winter) and stew about how independant we are. That, and wonder if the Loafs are going to be any good next year.

Auricauricle
03-05-2009, 05:29 PM
Spring Break is next week!!! Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

My wife's having bone spur surgery on her foot!!! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

ForeverAutumn
03-05-2009, 06:20 PM
Spring Break is next week!!! Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

My wife's having bone spur surgery on her foot!!! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Ouch! That sounds painful. The bone spur surgery, not Spring Break.

GMichael
03-06-2009, 06:09 AM
We sure are a strange bunch of nuts.

audio amateur
03-06-2009, 01:52 PM
We sure are a strange bunch of nuts.
You sure said that right...:17:

Auricauricle
03-06-2009, 05:27 PM
No wonder so many bolt!

thekid
04-18-2009, 01:48 AM
THIS weekend I am playing in the 36th Va States Frisbee tournament and picking up a pair of DCM Time Windows that my bro rehabbed for me.

Sun-Fun and Tunes!!!!!!!!!!!

bobsticks
04-18-2009, 08:04 AM
UFC 97 and steaks on the grill...beautiful weather...good tunes...can't really ask for more...

audio amateur
04-19-2009, 10:43 AM
I'm in Estes Park, Colorado :)

Auricauricle
04-19-2009, 12:23 PM
...and I have papers to write! Oh, JOY!

L.J.
04-19-2009, 07:04 PM
I had a 12 pack while chillin at the beach :yesnod:

ForeverAutumn
04-20-2009, 08:22 AM
I spent my weekend in Vegas! Got drunker than I've been in years and had a blast!

GMichael
04-20-2009, 09:35 AM
I spent my weekend in Vegas! Got drunker than I've been in years and had a blast!
Was that you?!:yikes: