Front Effects [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Front Effects

bigbill1963
03-17-2004, 07:48 PM
I just got a pair of Polk F/X 1000's and I want to hook them up to my RX-V1 as "front effects" The speakers are labeled Left and Right, the instructions say when you're in the room facing front they should correspond. My question is, do I have to reverse them because they're in front of me or does i t not make any difference? Also, in this application, is it better to run bipole or dipole?

Thanks

wasch_24
03-18-2004, 06:29 AM
I don't think it would make a difference. You would put the left on the left and the right on the right regardless if the speakers are in front of or behind you. When you are facing front the front left and back left are on the same side right (sorry, correct)?

As far as setting them in Dipole or Bipole try them both and go with which ever sounds best. I would think that Bipole would be better for the front effect since it is suposed to be a kind of ambient effect. If you don't mind could you try the Dipole first though, that way you can let me know how it sounds because I am considering adding the front effects to my RXV-1400.