I'm a audioholic [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I'm a audioholic

vlad008
03-03-2009, 12:33 PM
The forums are made of a group of unique folks from various backgrounds how have come together to talk about all things audio and video.

Luvin Da Blues
03-03-2009, 12:38 PM
Hi, I'm LDB and I'm a audioholic, I haven't listen to music for 2 days.

This thread is just what we needed, Thanks

Rich-n-Texas
03-03-2009, 01:30 PM
"Gatherings"? Good luck with that Adam.

I would've titled it New Member Introductions.. something more generic and mainstream.

GMichael
03-03-2009, 02:08 PM
Hello,

My name is Michael. I am also an adioholic. Music is playing on my PC now. When I leave, music will be playing in my car. When I get home, music will be playing there. When I sleep, music keeps playing. My morning alarm is the music going off. I get up and turn it back on. I leave it on as I leave the house. It's programed to shut off a few minutes after I'm gone. I start my car with a remote, and the music starts before I get in. There is a brief time walking from the car to my PC before I get to hear music again. Most of my coworkes know not to get in my way up the stairs.
Rinse, and repeat.

Rich-n-Texas
03-03-2009, 03:34 PM
And why in the world would you even lump Intro's and gatherings into the same category anyway?

Auricauricle
03-03-2009, 05:33 PM
Hello, everyone. My name is Auric A and I am an audioholic....I am a six-album-a-day addict....It's been three days since I have listened to an album....Um, where do you get the chips? Anyway (ahem)....

Luvin Da Blues
03-03-2009, 05:51 PM
Hello, everyone. My name is Auric A and I am an audioholic....I am a six-album-a-day addict....It's been three days since I have listened to an album....Um, where do you get the chips? Anyway (ahem)....

SIX!!! That's it. :nonod: Come back bo' whens ya has a real problem.

I hope your other vises are worse than this one. :sleep:

Luvin Da Blues
03-03-2009, 05:52 PM
Oh ya, dis is a support group, Sorry Aa

Auricauricle
03-03-2009, 06:47 PM
You brute!

atomicAdam
03-03-2009, 07:08 PM
"Gatherings"? Good luck with that Adam.

I would've titled it New Member Introductions.. something more generic and mainstream.

You know rich you don't run this site - if you'd like to apply for the job though i believe you saw the post about the position. until such time, take it or leave it. but either way you've worn out your welcome with me.

and to answer your question about why they are together, it is because they are both community oriented issues.

TheHills44060
03-03-2009, 09:03 PM
Hello my name is Steve. I like fast music and even faster women.

Rich-n-Texas
03-04-2009, 05:57 AM
You know rich you don't run this site -
It was determined well before you joined that ConsumerReview is owned by a marketing firm, which is why there are so many unrelated ads here, with many of them taking forever to load.

if you'd like to apply for the job though i believe you saw the post about the position. until such time, take it or leave it.
If I had the necessary qualifications to fill the position, do you think I'd waste those talents on such an outmoded site like this one?

but either way you've worn out your welcome with me.
Let's review:

I've had a couple of conversations now with atomicAdam, who is here temporarily to update the site. He wants suggestions on how best to improve the experience here and according to what he tells me, a new permanent admin is being sought. I'm going to post the two e-mail conversations I've had with him and I included JM & E-stat with my second reply:

Can you tell me atomicAdam if you are an active administrator here? IF you've read my or a lot of other people's posts in the Site Feedback forum, you'd notice there has been quite a bit of frustration exhibited because of the lack of leadership. Your thoughts?

Hey Rich,

The answer to the question is yes and no. I am working on updating the site but I am not the new admin admin. Though, if you have ideas, request, even just links to things you've already said I would like to read them. In fact you can spread the word too for others to comment.

Thanks,
-adam

Thanks for the quick response Adam. The biggest issue we have here is with spammers. JohnMichael and E-stat spend most of their time tracking down spammers and deleting their posts and memberships. In many discussion forums I've posted in, you have to make your e-mail address visible to admins during registration. If you don't do that, a pop-up window appears and if you answer no to the question, you can go no further. This I think would go a long way towards cutting down the crap from spammers we have to deal with on a daily basis.

I'm glad you say you're here to update the site because there are days when posts by members take very long to appear, and I've read where some people don't have the "Quick Reply" box at times.

Here are some links to threads that contain some of the complaints we've had over time:

This one was about e-mail (PM messages I believe)

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=26274

This one was about PM's from spammers and the only way to stop them was by sending them to a mod, but my contention is that the site's software should be able to catch this.
http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=26542

Here's a thread about suggestions for reoganizing the forum topic breakdown:
http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=24905

And there are people who've tried to add products to the AR database with no luck. Post #4 includes an error message:
http://forums.audioreview.com/showth...179#post221179 (http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?p=221179#post221179)

The biggest question I've had during my time here is why there was no admin assigned to replace ericl?

I've included our two active mods in this message, and in my opinion, some of the others who show up as mods should be decommisioned as they no longer post here. (Geoffcin and ericl come to mind).

My hope is that we'll see a more modernized forum Adam, because as you can see we've become a tight knit community, and a lot of our posts show up on the Google Search website.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to help us out. :thumbsup: -Rich

Hey Rich,

Thanks for the PM.

I will go over the forum issues w/ our engineer and see what can best be done. I agree - spammers are lame - and they are a problem on all forums that consumerreview.com runs. MTBR, RBR, Photo...etc..

I know a replacement for Eric is being sought, but no match yet.

Give me some time to take on these issues. I will be spending a lot of effort getting audioreview.com back into better shape but my time is also split among other things.

Thanks for the feed back and PM or email me anytime.
adam@consumerreview.com

-adam

I could go on and on (which I did here: http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=27359 )
with all the positive interactions I had with you regarding your indications that the site would improve, but I think the real members here get the gist of what I'm trying to say. Fact is Adam, NOTHING has changed for the better, page load times are still dog slow, spammers still rule here (BTW, in so many other discussion forums I visit, spammers don't get a second chance because the mods BAN the IP address the first time around), and non-A/V ads still appear here. We had an occasion where the "Report Bad Post" link was broken, and members were unable to add photo's to their picture library (I still haven't gotten an answer to my question re: Where are my pictures: http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=29365 There have been MANY suggestions by members here about the problems with this site, but they're fallen on completely deaf ears.

So now you tell me I've worn out my welcome with you? Like I said in my e-mail, IMO all you've given us here is lip service, which was all probably passed along by you from your management. Marketing IS all about deceiving the consumer, right? I asked you to prove that there have been improvements; if so I'd apologize, and all I got was "No Rich. And I'm not looking for an apology."

and to answer your question about why they are together, it is because they are both community oriented issues.
I can probably count on one hand all the gatherings that have taken place in the five years I've been a member here. Do you see the trend Adam?

atomicAdam
03-04-2009, 07:15 AM
I've been a member here. Do you see the trend Adam?

No one holding a gun to your head to stay here rich.

I agree with many of the thing you say above about site improvements, but, unfortunately I can only get some much into the engineering queue.

Unfortunately things take longer than either you or I had hoped.

But I have to draw the line in listening to you about your 5min load times (hello browser time out), your sneaky behavior in getting information from other mods, your anti homosexual rants, and your down right dirty accusations against why I am managing the site.

So, Rich, Try and I am to get things done, like a vBulliten upgrade, database improvements/cleanup, product updates, better integration of parts of the site. They can't be done over night, especially when audioREVIEW doesn't have a full time, dedicated engineer.

So Rich, you can take it of leave it. Your choice.

Rich-n-Texas
03-04-2009, 08:13 AM
No one holding a gun to your head to stay here rich.
Trimming my statements to suit your arguments I see.

No, no one's holding a gun to my head. No one held a gun to the heads of much better members than me who left for the exact reasons I and many others here have already stated either. ResidentLoser comes to mind. Know him? E-stat does.

I agree with many of the thing you say above about site improvements, but, unfortunately I can only get some much into the engineering queue.

Unfortunately things take longer than either you or I had hoped.
So you're telling me now that things are taking longer than expected, as opposed to keeping myself, and MORE IMPORTANTLY, the membership here up-to-date regarding the difficulties in getting the site updated/upgraded. Interesting.

But I have to draw the line in listening to you about your 5min load times (hello browser time out), your sneaky behavior in getting information from other mods, your anti homosexual rants, and your down right dirty accusations against why I am managing the site.

"hello browser timeout"? My browser times out waiting for a response from audioreview.com. I watch the status line in the bottom left corner of the window Adam, so I don't get your point.
"sneaky behavior... info from other mods". Yeah okay Adam. I think in my five years here, E-stat has responded to maybe five of my posts, has NEVER responded to any PM's I sent him, including the one where I openly stated that I included him and JohnMichael re: "I've included our two active mods in this message, and in my opinion, some of the others who show up as mods should be decommisioned as they no longer post here. (Geoffcin and ericl come to mind)", which would make about two PM's total. BTW, E-stat shows himself as a "Retired mod" FYI. JohnMichael still has a bug up his arse because I and many others here consider SpankingVanillaIce a troll. That's troll, nothing to do with sexual preferences.
"anti-homosexual rants". You're walking a slippery slope there son. Again, prove it. Your attempt to tarnish my image here is typical of someone who feels the need to introduce his own ego and biases into the discussion. Are you hearing me JohnMichael?
"dirty accusations..." Again, trying to tarnish my image. They aren't lies though are they Adam?
So, Rich, Try and I am to get things done, like a vBulliten upgrade, database improvements/cleanup, product updates, better integration of parts of the site. They can't be done over night, especially when audioREVIEW doesn't have a full time, dedicated engineer.
"Overnight". No kidding. Over the year you've been here... not so easy to overlook Adam. Again, better people than me have left for many of the already stated complaints.

So Rich, you can take it of leave it. Your choice.
"Is that your final answer?" :18:

audio amateur
03-04-2009, 10:58 AM
Hi, I'm AA. I listen to music 24/7 (when possible).

It'd be nice for the site moderators/administrators/engineers to introduce themselves aswell.
I don't know much of the situation, apart from the read I've had on this thread.

Auricauricle
03-04-2009, 11:05 AM
Welcome, aa....The coffee pot's over there. Need a sponsor?

atomicAdam
03-04-2009, 12:17 PM

Only if the sponsor has hf gear that will blow my mind.

nightflier
03-04-2009, 12:27 PM
Whoa, what did I walk into? I better grab some popcorn.

audio amateur
03-04-2009, 12:28 PM
Could help. Ok, maybe more like 8/7.

vlad008
03-04-2009, 12:57 PM
Whoa, what did I walk into? I better grab some popcorn.

you'd better eat that popcorn fast - cause the conversation is already stale.

Auricauricle
03-04-2009, 01:01 PM
"8/7"?

audio amateur
03-04-2009, 01:05 PM
yeah, 8 hours a day, 7 days a week :)

Auricauricle
03-04-2009, 01:14 PM
Ohhhh...(Duh). Whatever, whenever, however, you know? We can be pencil you in, now, if you like....

nightflier
03-04-2009, 01:49 PM
Well, I know everyone's tossing about the "______ Anomimous" phrase, but if ya'll start yapping about religion, then I'm outa here. There's another thread for that kinda talk.

JoeE SP9
03-04-2009, 01:51 PM
I'm a bachelor with my own house so I can get my fix anytime I want. I don't have any headphones either. Na Na Na Na Na! So there!

Auricauricle
03-04-2009, 02:09 PM
Shuh-uhp!

audio amateur
03-04-2009, 04:06 PM
I'm confused...

nightflier
03-04-2009, 04:07 PM
It's OK to be confused at an AA meeting, just don't be "under the influence."

Auricauricle
03-04-2009, 04:14 PM
Yeah, if you even breathe Mozart, you're gonna really be in for it!

nightflier
03-04-2009, 04:37 PM
Well just don't blow Mozart....

(Did I just say that?)

Auricauricle
03-04-2009, 04:39 PM
Don't be sharp 'cause the man's a li'l flat...

atomicAdam
03-04-2009, 04:42 PM
I think it is ok to come into an AA meeting while listening to Mozart. one only has to have the desire to quit to be a part of the meeting.

audio amateur
03-04-2009, 04:50 PM
Still confused :D

Auricauricle
03-04-2009, 04:55 PM
If you're confused, you're probably better off...

nightflier
03-04-2009, 04:57 PM
Hmmmmm, Alcoholics Anonymous, Audio Amateur, Audioholics Anonymous, Atomic Adam. Bunch of A-squareds. Ironic.

Auricauricle
03-04-2009, 04:59 PM
Farging A!

audio amateur
03-04-2009, 05:19 PM
Auricauricle...

Auricauricle
03-04-2009, 05:36 PM
At yer service, monsieur!

Luvin Da Blues
03-04-2009, 05:37 PM
What does a guy need to do to get some tunes 'round here?

Luvin Da Blues
03-04-2009, 05:38 PM
Black Sabbath!!!

Dat feels better, now where were we?

Auricauricle
03-04-2009, 05:49 PM
Megadeth!
MEGADETH!
MEGADETH!!!

(Ahem.)

JoeE SP9
03-04-2009, 05:54 PM
It's OK to be confused at an AA meeting, just don't be "under the influence."

I never crawl. I'm always on top of the influence.

Luvin Da Blues
03-04-2009, 05:56 PM
Aa, what's say we blow dis pop stand and find a bevy of minstrels?

Auricauricle
03-04-2009, 06:06 PM
Sure, if you don't mind if I go after the superfluity of nuns....

Luvin Da Blues
03-04-2009, 06:10 PM
Sure, if you don't mind if I go after the superfluity of nuns....

Uhmmm sure! :skep: Go nuts.

Do we care if they can sing?

atomicAdam
03-04-2009, 09:33 PM
Uhmmm sure! :skep: Go nuts.

Do we care if they can sing?

signing nuns, who ever heard of such a thing.

Rich-n-Texas
03-05-2009, 06:32 AM
Have y'all finished cleaning up today's spam attack yet Adam?

atomicAdam
03-05-2009, 07:26 AM
Have y'all finished cleaning up today's spam attack yet Adam?

soon i'll be cleaning up your spam attacks rich.

audio amateur
03-05-2009, 07:36 AM
So much for the introductions....

GMichael
03-05-2009, 07:38 AM
Look! If I have to give up music to attend these meetings, then you can just count me out. I'm very happy with my addiction. LEAVE IT ALONE!:cornut:

And you guys play nice or I'll tell your parents.:nonod:

atomicAdam
03-05-2009, 10:32 AM
can we just give up some music? sometimes, i mean, can't we turn it off when we are in the library or at the cinema?

GMichael
03-05-2009, 11:28 AM
I never go to those places anymore, so, sure. No problem.

vlad008
03-05-2009, 11:37 AM
you never go to the movies anymore, evar? truely nevar evar?

Well, you must have a great set up at home in that case. I typically don't go because there seems so little to see, but as of late the wife and I have been enjoying going out to the movies more often. Even though I believe the grand total for our last movie was in the range of $30. Two tickets, popcorn and a candy. Bit of a rip off. Tickets should be priced on a scale relative to the cost of the film.

GMichael
03-05-2009, 11:43 AM
We moved a couple years ago. The nearest theater is a bit of a trek.

Oh, and yeah, this is my HT room. Nuf said?

basite
03-05-2009, 12:39 PM
can we just give up some music? sometimes, i mean, can't we turn it off when we are in the library or at the cinema?

uuumm....

no? :p

no really, I can't... if I'm not listening to music, I'm surely thinking about it...

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

audio amateur
03-05-2009, 12:43 PM
With a setup of that type I wouldnt go to the movies very often...

Auricauricle
03-05-2009, 02:18 PM
Think somebody has a screen issue...."Ooooh, look how big my screen is...."

GMichael
03-05-2009, 02:56 PM
Think somebody has a screen issue...."Ooooh, look how big my screen is...."

Maybe. Here is the smaller one in the bedroom.:lol: :smilewinkgrin:

Auricauricle
03-05-2009, 03:30 PM
Oooooooooooooooh....

Anybody gotta cigarette?

JohnMichael
03-05-2009, 03:59 PM
Maybe. Here is the smaller one in the bedroom.:lol: :smilewinkgrin:

Is that where you watch the instructional videos?

Auricauricle
03-05-2009, 04:00 PM
Don't ask him for the remote....

nightflier
03-05-2009, 04:52 PM
And into the gutter we go....

Auricauricle
03-05-2009, 04:54 PM
Sorry. I'll play nice. Honest.

Sugar Beats
03-06-2009, 01:16 PM
Jeez Auri! I'm surprised at you! Am I rubbing off on you or what?

Sugar Beats
03-06-2009, 01:19 PM
Hey GM, I like everything & it looks cool but 2 things came to mind,

What the heck is the deal w/ the blue carpet? And don't you know about what they say about having all that crap in the bedroom?

(oh yeah, forgot who I was talkin' to for a minute, sorry about the "crap" remark... uh.. stuff, don't you know what they say about having all that stuff in the bedroom? )

GMichael
03-06-2009, 01:27 PM
Is that where you watch the instructional videos?

Watch..
Make...

GMichael
03-06-2009, 01:29 PM
Hey GM, I like everything & it looks cool but 2 things came to mind,

What the heck is the deal w/ the blue carpet? And don't you know about what they say about having all that crap in the bedroom?

(oh yeah, forgot who I was talkin' to for a minute, sorry about the "crap" remark... uh.. stuff, don't you know what they say about having all that stuff in the bedroom? )

Wifey likes that I have such a large...screen.:thumbsup:

GMichael
03-06-2009, 01:30 PM
Jeez Auri! I'm surprised at you! Am I rubbing off on you or what?

Trying
Not
to
say
it....
.:devil:
:devil:
:devil:

Sugar Beats
03-06-2009, 01:55 PM
Wifey likes that I have such a large...screen.:thumbsup:

Well aren't you so smart & just too cute for words! That was a play on words in case you didn't notice!

nightflier
03-06-2009, 03:10 PM
What about people who have a lot of crap, I mean stuff, in the bedroom? And what kind of stuff are ya'll talking about?

Auricauricle
03-06-2009, 03:18 PM
...batteries not included?

Sugar Beats
03-06-2009, 03:54 PM
What about people who have a lot of crap, I mean stuff, in the bedroom? And what kind of stuff are ya'll talking about?

Okay, Lemme break this down for y'all here. By "crap" & "stuff" I meant all the TV equipment & all that. (I suppose "clutter" would qualify as well)

Haven't you ever heard that having a TV in the bedroom is a no-no?

I have heard that & happen to agree. I think the bedroom should your personal place to "get away" from things, including watching more TV/movies. It's supposed to be your private "sanctuary" in the home. Somewhere to go unwind. Hence the TV & all the equipment that goes w/ it can be a distraction. (I know I'm probably the only one under this impression!)

That's all I was sayin'. I guess you guys don't prescribe to that philosophy.

Sugar Beats
03-06-2009, 03:57 PM
...batteries not included?

Oh My! To be taken or used, should I say, at your own discretion!!!

Auricauricle
03-06-2009, 04:01 PM
...and back in the shower go I...!

Sugar Beats
03-06-2009, 04:08 PM
...and back in the shower go I...!

Another cold one, eh?

I know I'm asking for it by asking this, but aren't you getting a little shriveled up by now Auri? It seems like you've been spending a lot of time in there lately! Heehee. Sorry, couldn't help it. It just reminded me (in all innocence, I swear!) of when my kids (when they were little) & how they would say, after a long shower or bath, "Look mom, I'm all pruney!

Auricauricle
03-06-2009, 04:15 PM
(Sometimes you gotta say, "What the shell...")

nightflier
03-06-2009, 04:44 PM
Okay, Lemme break this down for y'all here. By "crap" & "stuff" I meant all the TV equipment & all that. (I suppose "clutter" would qualify as well)

Haven't you ever heard that having a TV in the bedroom is a no-no?

I have heard that & happen to agree. I think the bedroom should your personal place to "get away" from things, including watching more TV/movies. It's supposed to be your private "sanctuary" in the home. Somewhere to go unwind. Hence the TV & all the equipment that goes w/ it can be a distraction. (I know I'm probably the only one under this impression!)

That's all I was sayin'. I guess you guys don't prescribe to that philosophy.

...only for people that aren't single :o . I wouldn't be so quick to presume that that applies to everyone here.

Rich-n-Texas
03-06-2009, 07:23 PM
(Sometimes you gotta say, "What the shell...")
Hey yo Chuckles...

ZIP IT!

Auricauricle
03-06-2009, 07:28 PM
Da dum!

You tryin' t' tell me sumpin' Cowpoker?

limonv
07-29-2011, 05:49 AM
Hi, my name is Ricardo and í´m becoming an audioholic. I recently got a turntable as a gift and it awoke my interest even more in music.
Hope you guys can help me get the best equipment on a budget.

atomicAdam
07-29-2011, 11:52 AM
Welcome limonv.

What table did you get?

poppachubby
07-29-2011, 12:38 PM
Hi, my name is Ricardo and í´m becoming an audioholic. I recently got a turntable as a gift and it awoke my interest even more in music.
Hope you guys can help me get the best equipment on a budget.

Hi limonv, I am poppachubby a recovering audioholic. Everyday I just try to not buy new gear and enjoy my system, one day at a time. You are in for one hell of a ride, saddle up!

mercedes308
08-01-2011, 11:44 PM
hi, i'm from italy

ericc22
08-16-2011, 07:46 AM
Brand new here and looking forward to the discussion.

Robert-The-Rambler
08-16-2011, 05:48 PM
I'm listening to music when I'm in the car and when I'm on the web, when I'm working all day, whether its a long or short drive. While I'm dreaming bout that girl I just met the other day.
It just keeps me alive.....

Wishing I could sing her that song
to make her heart melt....

One. two, three, four, five hours go by lost in a haze
Headphones resting in their place upon my head
Music penetrating my soul......

bizkitfan2001
08-19-2011, 06:08 PM
welcome!

t-bones
08-23-2011, 06:49 PM
I am an audioholic too. Been lurking on the board for a while now. Just decided to join up and share my illness.

I have been collecting audio for over 30 years now. It all started with a 20 watt per channel Pioneer and some realistic speakers and it never stopped!

Now it's speakers in every room including all bathrooms, 3 surround sound set ups, 9 speakers in my garage, detachable "camping" speakers for my Landcruiser, 2 dedicated sound systems for 2 of my 4 computers, a "portable" system I use to bring to cabins, friends houses, ect. Ya, I got issues!

aldrindl
09-07-2011, 08:55 AM
Sheesh - to create a new thread even in the Welcome forum, you need 5 posts!

aldrindl
09-07-2011, 08:56 AM
Well I have a Q or Qs, but can't see any existing thread they fit into..

aldrindl
09-07-2011, 08:57 AM
So pls forgive these silly 1 line posts

atomicAdam
09-07-2011, 09:01 AM
Hi Aldrindl -

Unfortunately that is the case at the moment. Might be changing soon. But welcome.

starcolony
09-27-2011, 04:21 PM
Hi, My name is TR. I'm an audioholic and new to the forum.

Looking forward to learning from others and sharing my humble experiences.

TR

WalterS
09-29-2011, 11:45 AM
Hiiiiiiii, Luvin' (applause..)

michaelhigh
10-17-2011, 11:17 PM
I'm michaelhigh, I get into music and vintage audio, especially 60's and 70's rock and roll. I try to collect as much Sansui and Heritage Klipsch as I can wrangle off of Craigslist and have more gear than sense. I'm running out of room and I have no plans to thin the herd, so I usually have 8-10 rigs set up at any given time. I'm looking forward to hanging out and seeing what everyone's listening to and on what.

Feanor
10-18-2011, 01:53 PM
I'm michaelhigh, I get into music and vintage audio, especially 60's and 70's rock and roll. I try to collect as much Sansui and Heritage Klipsch as I can wrangle off of Craigslist and have more gear than sense. I'm running out of room and I have no plans to thin the herd, so I usually have 8-10 rigs set up at any given time. I'm looking forward to hanging out and seeing what everyone's listening to and on what.
A welcome to you, Michael. :2:

Vasilis
10-31-2011, 11:17 AM
I'm listening to music when I'm in the car and when I'm on the web, when I'm working all day, whether its a long or short drive. While I'm dreaming bout that girl I just met the other day.
It just keeps me alive.....

Wishing I could sing her that song
to make her heart melt....

One. two, three, four, five hours go by lost in a haze
Headphones resting in their place upon my head
Music penetrating my soul......

Listening to music all the time but not when I work... I am a film/video editor/maker. Listening to music at work can be quite destructive...

lb220
11-03-2011, 01:01 PM
Hello all. I am LB220 and I am an audioholic. :thumbsup:
I have just joined and I have a pair of vintage speakers I know next to nothing about! Could anybody point me towards somebody who may know something about my 1972 BRC model 32577's?
I hope to speak to you all soon. Thanks! ...LB220...

bleachershane
11-07-2011, 03:21 PM
Hello... newbie here, visited the website a lot over the years but only just registered for the forums...
Oh, and I do believe I can now post my question!

Yourdemise
11-30-2011, 01:19 AM
i love music

Yourdemise
11-30-2011, 01:20 AM
nothing better than the feeling of bass run through your body

Yourdemise
11-30-2011, 01:22 AM
im also a newbie but have already had my speakers catch the attention from the police a few times

mlenda
12-11-2011, 08:56 AM
Hi, I'm LDB and I'm a audioholic, I haven't listen to music for 2 days.

This thread is just what we needed, Thanks

:lol:

My last "didn't listen to music for x-amount of time" moment was on the road between Flagstaff and LA... did about 4 hours without the tunes rolling, and I thought I was going to go nuts.

-m

TheShawn
01-04-2012, 01:06 PM
Helloooo

Audiophile is a bit strong for what I am, but I like to try and upgrade my systems at good prices and enjoy the messing around trying to find a good match. Or seeing a bargain on Craigslist and buying it just because even if I can't currently use it. lol

thehifiguy
01-27-2012, 11:20 AM
Audiophile, yes - based upon the sound.

Reference to good sound today is difficult for newer audiophiles as the SOTA did not progress well during the 90's and 2000's unfortunately - so what you hear now from the source media is for the most part NG.

Live music is the best currently to use.

No MP3 or most currently produced CDs via Pro Tools algorithms.

Third post.

:13:

lovatoj@msn.com
02-26-2012, 09:35 AM
I loved your post. Good to hear from another audio/videoholic!