Michigan rocks Ohio State! Life is good. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Michigan rocks Ohio State! Life is good.

Swish
11-22-2003, 01:09 PM
I'm certainly no UM fan, but I was sick and tired of OSU this year. I felt they were overrated and have said so, although they somehow found a way to win a lot of games. It looked like they were going to crawl back into this one today, but they came up short. I guess they won't be repeating as champs, and it should be USC and OK in the finals.

Now help me cheer on the Philadelphia Eagles tomorrow as they make their run for the playoffs.

Swishy

dld
11-22-2003, 08:20 PM
O. State losing pushes LSU up one more notch up in the BCS. Man was I pulling for Michigan today. O. State scared me in the 4th quarter tho. Green looks like the real deal. As far as the Eagles, ^%#@! em. Go Cowboys...

dld
11-22-2003, 08:33 PM
WTF was I thinking.

skewiff
11-23-2003, 06:00 AM
Life is indeed good, Ann Arbor was a great place to be last night.

Chris Perry what a awesome, complete football player.
John Navarre, the most underated QB in the country.
O-line big.
Defence, I think this is one of our better(certainly fastest)defencive units in years.
Steve Breaston. Heisman winner! (not this year) you heard it first here.

Go Blue.
Tony

Swish
11-23-2003, 06:08 AM
O. State losing pushes LSU up one more notch up in the BCS. Man was I pulling for Michigan today. O. State scared me in the 4th quarter tho. Green looks like the real deal. As far as the Eagles, ^%#@! em. Go Cowboys...

Ok, so their win-loss record is good, but just remember that nearly all of those wins were against teams with sub-.500 records (Houston, Oakland, the Giants, the Jets, Arizona, Detroit, Washington) and they lost to everyone else. Yes, I know they beat the Eagles, thanks mostly to that stupid on-side kick to start the game, but they will not, I repeat, will NOT, beat the Eagles in Philly. The Eagles are getting stronger, McNabb is healthy, Dawkins is back, and they are headed to the Super Bowl this year.

dld
11-23-2003, 10:15 AM
Sounds like a bet! Howz about a Hurricane at Pat O'Briens, on the patio of course, not the piano bar. Bet is straight up, mano es mano, no points
(PS, Cowboys got that "stupid" play out of Eagles playbook)

Swish
11-23-2003, 02:10 PM
Sounds like a bet! Howz about a Hurricane at Pat O'Briens, on the patio of course, not the piano bar. Bet is straight up, mano es mano, no points
(PS, Cowboys got that "stupid" play out of Eagles playbook)

stupid play? What I was referring to was the Eagles trying an on-side kick to start the game, and one of the Cowboy's picked it off in mid-air and ran it in for a TD. Starting off down 7 on the road is usually lethal.
By the way, you can keep your hurricane, I'll go for a beer instead.

Regards,
Swish

MindGoneHaywire
11-23-2003, 03:33 PM
Oh, enjoy it, if you must. I suppose I'd find a game to take solace in if my team were having the year Penn St. is having. I feel bad for Paterno. He doesn't deserve this--but wouldn't it seem as though he should've stepped aside by now? Considering his career & his legacy, it's a shame that his chances for a graceful exit have seemingly declined.

Swish
11-23-2003, 04:30 PM
Oh, enjoy it, if you must. I suppose I'd find a game to take solace in if my team were having the year Penn St. is having. I feel bad for Paterno. He doesn't deserve this--but wouldn't it seem as though he should've stepped aside by now? Considering his career & his legacy, it's a shame that his chances for a graceful exit have seemingly declined.

I fully expected you to respond much sooner because I know how much of an OSU fan you are. You may be surprised that I cheered them on against Miama last year, but I was cheering for the Big 10 in general and I also thought Miama was overrated, which they have certainly shown this year.

Anyway, PSU really sucked big time this year, and they haven't been all that good for a few years. What's wrong? I don't know if it's Joe, but the head coach is usually the one who pays the price for failure. If this were the pros, he'd be gone, but he's an institution, and you don't push a legend out the door. If he fails again next year, it will certainly be his last. I think he wants a chance to atone for this dismal year, the worst in the history of the school, and if he fails, I know he'll do the right thing and resign. I can understand how he doesn't want to leave on this sour note.

dld
11-23-2003, 07:14 PM
[QUOTE=Swish]stupid play? What I was referring to was the Eagles trying an on-side kick to start the game, and one of the Cowboy's picked it off in mid-air and ran it in for a TD. Starting off down 7 on the road is usually lethal.

And of course, yer right. I was thinking of in the past how well that on sides kick worked against Dallas. thats what I get for posting in the middle of a close game.

Yer on, a Nasty ol beer vs. a great Hurricane. Pat's serves em both and Mrs. Swish will like the ambience.

Swish
11-24-2003, 04:05 AM
[QUOTE=Swish]stupid play? What I was referring to was the Eagles trying an on-side kick to start the game, and one of the Cowboy's picked it off in mid-air and ran it in for a TD. Starting off down 7 on the road is usually lethal.

And of course, yer right. I was thinking of in the past how well that on sides kick worked against Dallas. thats what I get for posting in the middle of a close game.

Yer on, a Nasty ol beer vs. a great Hurricane. Pat's serves em both and Mrs. Swish will like the ambience.

I actually had a Hurricane. Those things are way too sweet for me. I prefer beer, vodka or scotch.We were in the Big Easy for the Jazz Fest in 2001 and vowed to return in the near future, so 2004 is the year.

See you there.

Mr MidFi
11-24-2003, 10:38 AM
Chris Perry is the bomb-diggity. That is all.