De no sacar los manos, de no sacar los manos
Fuera de la ventana
So cuenta es muchas dinero lo siento
But I have got to hand it to you, you're taking this extremely well
Ah rub it on me, rub it on me Duane
So since the surgery, how's that ghost limb
Hey man, say man have you been rubbin' your nub
</i>

So, <i>any</i> body got <i>any</i> idea what this song is about? Guess you could probably ask that about most Jesus Lizard songs :)

Goat is a pretty cool album, once you get into Yow's in-your-face vocals (and no, vocals doesn't mean the same thing as singing ;)). Loved the music right off but took quite a few listens before I really got into this CD fully, mainly because of the vocals. Engineering is by Albini, but the recording seems kind of sucky on the CD. Real live sound but the cymbals seem kind of washed out. Anyone have the LP? Not the severe compression as on most modern rock recordings, but some weird processing nonetheless that adversely affects the sound. Guess it was the sound they were going for, but then again, maybe just bad mastering? Jar?

-Jar-
03-17-2004, 12:19 PM
<i>So since the surgery, how's that ghost limb
Por favor
De no sacar los manos, de no sacar los manos
Fuera de la ventana
So cuenta es muchas dinero lo siento
But I have got to hand it to you, you're taking this extremely well
Ah rub it on me, rub it on me Duane
So since the surgery, how's that ghost limb
</i>

So, <i>any</i> body got <i>any</i> idea what this song is about? Guess you could probably ask that about most Jesus Lizard songs :)

Goat is a pretty cool album, once you get into Yow's in-your-face vocals (and no, vocals doesn't mean the same thing as singing ;)). Loved the music right off but took quite a few listens before I really got into this CD fully, mainly because of the vocals. Engineering is by Albini, but the recording seems kind of sucky on the CD. Real live sound but the cymbals seem kind of washed out. Anyone have the LP? Not the severe compression as on most modern rock recordings, but some weird processing nonetheless that adversely affects the sound. Guess it was the sound they were going for, but then again, maybe just bad mastering? Jar?

All I can say is that I saw them live several times.. and when I compare GOAT to how they sounded live.. I will quote the Pope talking about THE PASSION.. "it is as it was" (the band was so pleased with the live sound they used to get in Cleveland at the Euclid Tavern that they wanted to take the sound guy with them..) I don't know much about how they recorded it, but I do know there is some variety on the record.. the snare on "Then Comes Dudley" has more of a snap to it than the way it sounds on "Monkey Trick" which it more muffled. I haven't had the chance to compare the cd to the lp.. I suppose if I was a real indie rocker I'd have all my Jesus Lizard on vinyl.. Steve wouldn't be pleased with all my Jesus Lizard cds :mad:

No band I have ever heard brought it to the record like they brought it live like the Jesus Lizard did. At least up through LIAR. DOWN, their last album for Touch & Go was actually kind of "pretty" compared to what they did before, and after they signed to Capitol they started to sound like a different band, which wasn't all bad actually.

No band back then had cultivated a "sound" the way the Jesus Lizard did. There was no mistaking it, live or on record, it was them.

-jar

Dusty Chalk
03-17-2004, 12:59 PM
Sounds like he's referring to an amputation. People with missing limbs often rub it, and also sometimes feel things on the part that isn't there.

Which of course has the obvious reference to break-ups.

PS Babelfish translates the middle section as:

Please Of not removing the hands, of not removing the hands
Outside the window Under account it is many money I feel it