Happy Music! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Happy Music!

ForeverAutumn
03-02-2009, 07:57 AM
I posted this in the wrong forum and can't figure out how to delete it. So until I do, please visit the Rave Recs forum for this thread.

ForeverAutumn
03-02-2009, 07:59 AM
The last week has been a very emotionally draining one for me and I'm trying to snap out of the funk that it's left me in. So, of course, I turn to music to alter my state of mind. I'm spending my morning spinning music that leaves me feeling good. Right now it's The Trews first CD, House of Ill Fame...a nice pop rock record with upbeat tunes and some good driving guitar.

What music do you play when you need that little happy boost?

Rich-n-Texas
03-02-2009, 08:14 AM
Click the down arrow next to "Thread Tools" in the box just above your post. There should be an option called admin... tools or something like that. It'll give you the option to delete the thread.

Rich-n-Texas
03-02-2009, 08:16 AM
Led Zeppelin.

Feanor
03-02-2009, 08:22 AM
The last week has been a very emotionally draining one for me and I'm trying to snap out of the funk that it's left me in. So, of course, I turn to music to alter my state of mind. I'm spending my morning spinning music that leaves me feeling good. Right now it's The Trews first CD, House of Ill Fame...a nice pop rock record with upbeat tunes and some good driving guitar.

I like music that is emotionally neutral, serene, and just complex enought to be intellectually involving. J.S. Bach comes to mind, or Haydn.

It won't be everybody's elixir but last night I was listening to various of Haydn's piano trios played by the Beaux Arts Trio.

ForeverAutumn
03-02-2009, 08:46 AM
I can print it, email it, subscribe to it, or add a poll to it. Those are my only options. But thanks for trying. :)

I seem to recall that I could click on edit and have an option to delete, but I didn't see that option this time.

Hmmmm. I see on this post that I can save, go advanced, delete, or cancel. But on the opening post I only have three options; there is no delete button.

Slosh
03-02-2009, 08:47 AM
Being happy is over-rated :p I'd be more happy if I wasn't snowed in. Nice to have an extra day off but not much to do, until the snow stops and then I get to shovel it for a few hours. Joy :rolleyes: Maybe I'll catch up on some reading.

NP:

Rich-n-Texas
03-02-2009, 09:00 AM
Well, you can always ask a mod to delete it.

(You just never know what's going to break next on this dinosaur website.)

JSE
03-02-2009, 09:27 AM
I "think" because Rich posted in the forum, you now can't delete it yourself. I "think" you can delete your own posts only if no addtional post have been made. I "think".

Too mich thinking for the day, I'm outta here.

ForeverAutumn
03-02-2009, 09:36 AM
I couldn't delete it before Rich posted. It's no big deal.

Auricauricle
03-02-2009, 09:36 AM
JSE: What are you thinking....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVI8Csc6t4s

GMichael
03-02-2009, 10:13 AM
Funny. More responses to this thread than the one in RR.

GMichael
03-02-2009, 10:19 AM
Caress of Steel. "I Think I'm Going Bald" always makes me smile. And "The Fountain of Lamneth" makes me remember that it's the journey in life that keeps us going. Not the destination.

Monkey Bones
03-02-2009, 10:54 AM
Today, it's Bjork, unraveling in a simple love song ...

while you are away
my heart comes undone
slowly unravels
in a ball of yarn
the devil collects it
with a grin
our love
in a ball of yarn

he'll never return it

so when you come back
we'll have to make new love

Rich-n-Texas
03-02-2009, 10:54 AM
I couldn't delete it before Rich posted. It's no big deal.
Understood. Nevertheless, we'll find a way to turn it into an argument or a Silly Thread. Do you have a preference FA? :biggrin5:

ForeverAutumn
03-02-2009, 10:57 AM
I'm taking Feanor's advice at the moment and spinning something a little more soothing. Rose Cousins', If You Were For Me. A lovely Canadian folk songstress with a sweet, sweet voice. Kinda like Sara McLaughlin meets Carole King or Joni Mitchell.

Dave_G
03-02-2009, 11:03 AM
Ultravox - "Western Promise" and "New Europeans" off of Vienna.

Some Devo, like Speed Racer.

The Tubes - Completion Backwards Principle album is a good one too.

Dave

kexodusc
03-02-2009, 11:28 AM
Can't go wrong with Def Leppard or Poison...

ForeverAutumn
03-02-2009, 11:32 AM
Can't go wrong with Def Leppard or Poison...

Hey, they're touring together this summer, eh. Def Leppard, Poison and Cheap Trick. If ticket prices are reasonable, we might just go. While that might be the definition of hell to some people on this site, I think that it would be fun night out!

ForeverAutumn
03-02-2009, 11:34 AM
Understood. Nevertheless, we'll find a way to turn it into an argument or a Silly Thread. Do you have a preference FA? :biggrin5:

Well, it's already silly IMO.

GMichael
03-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Hey, they're touring together this summer, eh. Def Leppard, Poison and Cheap Trick. If ticket prices are reasonable, we might just go. While that might be the definition of hell to some people on this site, I think that it would be fun night out!

I've seen and enjoyed all three of them at one time or another. Should be a fun show.

Mr MidFi
03-02-2009, 12:17 PM
For 33 years now, the one disc that never fails to put a smile on my face is the first live album from the J. Geils Band, Full House.

JSE
03-02-2009, 01:18 PM

Doh, no YouTube at work. I'll have to watch in later at home and dispense the appropriate arse kicking afterward, if necessary. :biggrin5:

nightflier
03-02-2009, 01:42 PM
a good recording of And so Spoke Zarathoustra (Straus). Ode to Joy (Beethoven's 9th) is also a safe bet. Set the volume to shake the rafters.

JohnMichael
03-02-2009, 02:58 PM
I posted this in the wrong forum and can't figure out how to delete it. So until I do, please visit the Rave Recs forum for this thread.

FA for you I merged the threads since there were responses on both.

Finch Platte
03-02-2009, 05:21 PM

Troy
03-02-2009, 05:33 PM
They Might Be Giants and Ween tend to make me smile.

Auricauricle
03-02-2009, 05:38 PM
I'm with Fly By Nighter....I'm puttin' on the Beethoven!

bobsticks
03-02-2009, 05:50 PM
Rammstein makes me happy...so does Godsmack...Miles Davis makes me happy, and more recently, albums by Earl Klugh, The Virgins, and Paul Van Dyk have made me happy.

A lot of the AR Comps make me happy...but then again, I'm twisted.

ForeverAutumn
03-02-2009, 06:09 PM

Thanks JM. And by merging the threads you filled the silly quota too! Cheers!

ForeverAutumn
03-02-2009, 06:10 PM

What a guy you are!

Thanks for the Eagle cam.

RoadRunner6
03-02-2009, 11:48 PM

Now I know when I was in the hospital why I had lots of trouble getting a nurse. They're all at the nurses station looking up U-tube videos to post at their favorite online forum.

3-LockBox
03-03-2009, 06:01 AM

Boston's first album

LedZep - Houses Of The Holy

Midlake - The Trials Of Van Occupanther

to name a few

Rich-n-Texas
03-03-2009, 06:10 AM
Funny. More responses to this thread than the one in RR.
I'm confused now. :idea:

Ex Lion Tamer
03-03-2009, 06:46 PM
http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drd600/d660/d6604853e6y.jpg http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drd700/d725/d72522lnnks.jpg

Auricauricle
03-03-2009, 06:50 PM
Now I know when I was in the hospital why I had lots of trouble getting a nurse. They're all at the nurses station looking up U-tube videos to post at their favorite online forum.

Well it does sound a lot like a piece o' medical equipment, donnit??

RoadRunner6
03-03-2009, 11:31 PM
Oh I see. You must have thought it was a urethra tube.

I didn't sink about that.

Auricauricle
03-04-2009, 11:20 AM
Ah, hah. Hah. Hah. Tickle me, dammit....

nightflier
03-04-2009, 03:18 PM
Now I know that TV would have us believe otherwise, but all the nurses I've ever seen in real life are overweight, boorish, and for some reason a lot of them are smokers too, with bad breath to boot. You'd think that being in the health care industry an all... The one exception was a guy who was gay (not that there's anything wrong with that!). Auric, certainly there are exceptions to the rule, no?

Sugar Beats
03-04-2009, 04:43 PM
Hey FA, I checked out Tokyo Police Club after I saw you mention them on another thread & I found some pretty cool songs! Thank you much! Feelin' better? I hope this week is going better for you than last!

Auricauricle
03-04-2009, 05:57 PM
Why you ask me dis ting, mista flier o de night?

Wanna know a bit about what I do? See apna.org. Then, we'll talk.

RoadRunner6
03-04-2009, 10:21 PM
Wanna know a bit about what I do? See apna.org.

Pure Nursing Propaganda !

Here is my kind of nurse:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_xjgPPx_ss&feature=related

RR6

ForeverAutumn
03-05-2009, 06:35 AM
Hey FA, I checked out Tokyo Police Club after I saw you mention them on another thread & I found some pretty cool songs! Thank you much! Feelin' better? I hope this week is going better for you than last!

I'm glad that you found something you liked SB. I've yet to hear anything off their new album, but I really dig their ep. I'll pick up the album eventually.

This week is going much better than last week. We're back to being a one cat household and everyone is adjusting. Although I can't help thinking about the little guy and wondering how he's doing. Thanks for asking.

Worf101
03-05-2009, 11:30 AM
Usually Stax/Volt or Motown songs from my youth.

1. "Dancin' in the Streets"
2. "Sweet Soul Music"
3. "What you see is What you Get"
4. "Ohh Ohh Child"
5. "That's the Way Nature Planned It"

The list goes on and on.

Da Worfster

Sugar Beats
03-05-2009, 12:22 PM
James Brown I Feel Good!

GMichael
03-05-2009, 01:13 PM