My Sony/Samsung Home Theater [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : My Sony/Samsung Home Theater

robmlisanti
02-27-2009, 12:37 PM
Sony STR-DE 595 Receiver, SS- MF550H Towers, SS-CN550H Center Speaker, SS-MB150 Bookshelf Speakers for Surround & Velodyne Subwoofer VX-10.Sony DVP-NS700H/B DVD Player, Samsung LN37A450 LCD and the Sony RM-VL600 Universal remote commander

pixelthis
02-27-2009, 01:34 PM
NOT that big a fan of Sony but it is nicely put together.
Everything is fine except the Sony Speakers, you would be surprized at how much better it would sound with some real speakers from a real speaker company.
SONY is not known for theirs.:1:

robmlisanti
03-03-2009, 01:52 PM
NOT that big a fan of Sony but it is nicely put together.
Everything is fine except the Sony Speakers, you would be surprized at how much better it would sound with some real speakers from a real speaker company.
SONY is not known for theirs.:1:

I hear what your saying...I used to have some Nice PSB speakers, but my ex got them in the divorce. One of these days I will upgrade, I'm on a tight budget right now!:8:

TheHills44060
03-03-2009, 04:15 PM
Nice pics...the first receiver i ever bought myself was a Sony. Got some good years out of it.

Ugg sorry about the PSB's.

f0rge
03-04-2009, 06:23 AM
sucks about the PSBs, but def a nice setup on a budget

bruhthakuga
03-17-2009, 02:02 PM
Yuup! That's lotta Sony Stuff, I found a pair of Sony SS MB105 at a yard sale for $5 that I use for my fronts on my 5.1 and I don't get voice very well, I think I'll switch them with my Optimus STS 620s that I found at a second hand store for $5. maybe I'll get better sound till I can buy a great pair of 7.1 for my set up which I'll have to sell a kindney to get.I have an adaquate sub wooder.

My setup is a Samsung LN52A650 ''52 LCD TV, Onkyo TX-SR603X AV Reciever, PS3 and the fore said speakers which I should be shot for hooking them up to this setup. I guess that's like having a nice mucle car with tricycle wheels on it.

audio amateur
03-17-2009, 02:21 PM
Funny, i think those surround Sony's are an updated version of the my first pair of speakers... I got a good 5 years out of them before upgrading.
They are bomb proof.

audio amateur
03-17-2009, 02:22 PM
Yes, the SS-MB105, how could I forget.. I thought they sounded amazing when I first bought 'em :p 25 bucks a pop. New...

bfalls
03-18-2009, 08:39 AM
Sony can make high-end speakers, they just don't. Years ago they manufactureed the SSM3, SSM6 and SSM9. The SSM9s received a very good review from Stereophile. Their cabinet shape is very similar to an Artemis EOS, a Hales, or the top portion of an Avalon Ascendant.

I agree, in general Sony speakers fall short of the goal, but it's not because they don't have the technology or ability.

Too bad about the PSBs. They're one of my favorite affordable speakers, especially the Alpha Series, good sound at a good price. I like the Paradigms as well.