Room Acoustics!!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Room Acoustics!!!

kainbrake2
02-27-2009, 09:07 AM
does anyone here no were i can get a little help with this. the only thing i can find online is very advanced for studios and such. what i want to know is the do's and don'ts. like valted ceilings, 90 degree corners or curved corners, square rectangle or trapezoids. i dont want some one to give me the answer i would like to know about what i am dealing with so i can apply it to any room. also is there an inexpensive way to project how the sound waves bounce in the room maybe to give you a visual so you know were to put dampening material. i saw an article once on speaker placement and the guy used laser pointers and mirrors to aim the speaker for no cancelation but the width of the wave changes so that plan is usless in acoustics. anyway if any one has any idea were i can start to learn this without a phd,then the help would be great.

L.J.
02-27-2009, 09:54 AM
I'm no expert but I can get you some info. Check out this thread:
http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=9996

Lot's of good links in there.

kainbrake2
02-27-2009, 11:02 AM
Thank you there are some good links in there. The thing is everything i come across on the net is based on existing room treatment. I am planning to build an ad on it will be a livingroom/theater/family room. I am having a hard time finding info on designing an acousticly sound room. I do notice if i google the subject i fing most of the home theaters have some kind of valt/cathedral ceiling. Some other things i notice is curved corners. I just wonder how to design a room that is allready acousticly sound and then it will only need minor treatment.

L.J.
02-27-2009, 11:24 AM
Thank you there are some good links in there. The thing is everything i come across on the net is based on existing room treatment. I am planning to build an ad on it will be a livingroom/theater/family room. I am having a hard time finding info on designing an acousticly sound room. I do notice if i google the subject i fing most of the home theaters have some kind of valt/cathedral ceiling. Some other things i notice is curved corners. I just wonder how to design a room that is allready acousticly sound and then it will only need minor treatment.

I see. You can try AVS if you haven't been there yet. They have a section dedicated to what your looking for.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=3/

jrhymeammo
02-28-2009, 05:44 PM
Read up on the Golden Ratio and nodes.