The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart

Jim Clark
02-26-2009, 09:39 AM
Hey, long time no nothing from me. Glad to see that my log in still works. Hope everyone is doing well.

Just wanted to give a quick shout out for this little indiepop band that I'm really diggin' quite a bit lately. Terribly inconvenient name but the music makes me smile. I bought it under the impression that it was a great "updated" shoegazing disc (is Mason still around?). I don't get much gazing from the disc. What it is though is more of the snap, clap, and tap toons that the Legends recreated so nicely with the Up Against the Legends release a few years back. These guys love their distortion pedals and they help recreate the "Spectoresque" wall of sound thing.

So, even though it's probably closer to jangle pop or brit pop it's been a nice little disc for me. Maybe someone else can end up loving it too?

jc

ForeverAutumn
02-26-2009, 09:59 AM
Hey JC! Nice to see you around here again.

Sounds like an interesting disk. I'll check them out. Thanks!

bobsticks
02-26-2009, 01:21 PM
Goooood daaaayy Mr. jim clark. Excellent to see you posting up 'round these parts again.

Jar ain't made an appearance in quite some time but, if I may be so bold, I'd suggest the 2007 self-titled album from Rumskib to quench your shoegaze thirst.

http://iamthecrime.com/category/profiling/

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/QuietRiot/rumskib.jpg

Jim Clark
02-26-2009, 02:14 PM
Still buying way too much music, so what's one more? Thanks for the tip. Already went out and grabbed the Boxer Rebellion disc I picked up from a thread here today. That's 2 more in one day. Guess that's one of the many reasons I had to take a little holiday : ) I'm way to impressionable. Glad to see so many familiar names, wish I had the time I used to have to hang around. Those really were the good old days.

jc

Goooood daaaayy Mr. jim clark. Excellent to see you posting up 'round these parts again.

Jar ain't made an appearance in quite some time but, if I may be so bold, I'd suggest the 2007 self-titled album from Rumskib to quench your shoegaze thirst.

http://iamthecrime.com/category/profiling/

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/QuietRiot/rumskib.jpg

Finch Platte
02-26-2009, 03:56 PM
Hi!

:yesnod:

Troy
02-27-2009, 07:43 AM
Hey Jim!

Jim Clark
02-27-2009, 08:11 AM
Doods!

jc

Mr MidFi
02-27-2009, 09:13 AM
I swear, I was just thinking about you yesterday, Jim. A song from Murray Attaway's solo album followed one from Now It's Overhead on a shuffle session, and I thought "hmmmm...both them songs are Jim-tastic!"

Swish
02-27-2009, 01:25 PM
I posted something weeks ago about 'recently departed' RR'ers, and your name was included of course. Just too busy? Tired of the site? Laid up in the hospital? Inquiring minds want to know!

Jim Clark
02-27-2009, 05:12 PM
I posted something weeks ago about 'recently departed' RR'ers, and your name was included of course. Just too busy? Tired of the site? Laid up in the hospital? Inquiring minds want to know!

No, no hospitals or anything else remotely bad. Just been working like a dog. When I get home I'm so danged tired that I don't take the time to do much online. Also been trying to get more things done around the house. Working on Mason's room tonight and then taking a break to get Trevor to pitching lessons and when I get back I hope to hang a new light fixture in the kitchen...you get the picture. Life.

Still buying music although it's safe to say probably not quite as much and it's 100% correct to say that I'm sure I've missed out on some really good toons in the past year. Somehow I did manage to survive though!

Swish and Mid-Fi-I sure hope you guys and your families are doing great. I have missed my AR buds and hope to find a way to keep in touch on a more regular basis.

Well, it's back to work for me!

jc

Dave_G
03-01-2009, 12:37 PM
Hi everyone, hope all is well, keep on progging. The new Pendragon is pretty good, and IQ have a new cd coming out soon. I finally got all 4 of the Clepsydra releases into my collection so I'm happy about that. Also been digging "Grace" and a lot of Saga as well, of late. The new Karmakanic is kicking hot and so is the new Galahad. Wish I had been able to score a ticket to the Morrissey gig here this month but no luck, but did get to see "Yes" in December, which was totally over the top. Take care -

Dave