Vienna Acoustics Webern and Bergs any Owners or Reviews out there [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Vienna Acoustics Webern and Bergs any Owners or Reviews out there

lucasskywalker1
02-24-2009, 05:08 AM
I've had them for a couple of years now but haven't bumped into anyone else whose got them. I'm slightly tone deaf however, my wife's hobby is Classical Piano playing(been taking lessons for 20 or so years now). I thought I was a blessed man the day she came home with a Bose Lifestyle 28 system, 5 weeks later she heard these VA's and fell in LOVE needless to say she returned the Bose and ordered the VA's I now sit in bliss.

Pat D
03-04-2009, 11:21 AM
I've had them for a couple of years now but haven't bumped into anyone else whose got them. I'm slightly tone deaf however, my wife's hobby is Classical Piano playing(been taking lessons for 20 or so years now). I thought I was a blessed man the day she came home with a Bose Lifestyle 28 system, 5 weeks later she heard these VA's and fell in LOVE needless to say she returned the Bose and ordered the VA's I now sit in bliss.
I am glad you like them. Since you like them, why are you interested in finding reviews?

Sumiko doesn't list any reviews on the Webern, and Audio Review does not have any consumer reviews for it--you could be the first!. However, Sound & Vision reviewed the Schoenberg series and they used a Webern for the center channel. They did measurements, which they do somewhat peculiarly for center channel speakers. You can find the measurements here:

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/speakers/1798/test-bench-vienna-acoustics-schnberg-speaker-system.html

Their curve for the Webern indicates a somewhat depressed upper midrange and lower treble, which I expect would result in a very pleasant sound. That is what I have heard with other VA speakers. I cannot determine much about the dispersion characteristics from the information they supply.

The VA speakers I have heard have not been my particular cup of tea but they are nice sounding and a lot of people seem to like them. Enjoy.

nightflier
03-04-2009, 01:22 PM
I have 5 Weberns for my HT. Mounted on the walls. Awesome speakers for the money. It's hard to believe such a nice sounding speaker is actually made of aircraft-grade aluminum.

P.S. I dropped one, once, and while the wooden floor has an ugly dent in it, the speaker doesn't have a scratch.

JoeE SP9
03-04-2009, 01:58 PM

Good God man! All that gear and you say you're tone deaf. I wonder what you would have if you had really good hearing.:0:

theaudiohobby
03-10-2009, 09:01 AM
Here's a review (http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/speakers/1837/vienna-acoustics-schnberg-speaker-system.html) for you. Hope you feel better now :2: , I can see why your wife fell in love with these...good sound and decent styling in a single package...

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/assets/image/2006/Q4/10112006173641.jpg