Mounting of Klipsch RSX-5 or -4's [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Mounting of Klipsch RSX-5 or -4's

bluey2king
03-16-2004, 08:11 PM
Hello
I am considering Klipsch's RSX- series speakers for my recroom. I want to mount them at celing height on the wall and position them horizonal. Will this affect the sound? In the the wat that the horn disperses its sound pattern? I hope this make sence.

uncooked
03-16-2004, 10:04 PM
i did the same thing in my room and it sounds fine. "i didnt postion them horizontal though" i have layed speakers on theres side though, in my pool table room i have some bookshelves on there sides "only way they will fit" and they sound great.

about the ceiling thing, i built my own mounts. they go flush against the wall on the back. and then i cut the front on a angle so the speakers are facing down. then just put a ledge on it and put a screw in the bottom of the mount into the bottom of my wood speaker. "making sure nothing was inside the speaker there, i did research" i didnt want to screw into the bottom. but they will be up there along time so it doesnt matter. or even if i take them down they will be sitting on the side with the hole so no one will see it.

bluey2king
03-17-2004, 06:58 AM
Thanks! Yeah I just got the pool table about four months ago! I am real excited. My new HT set is going in upstairs and I am bringing down my Sony 85 w/c Reciever and big Speakers. I am leaving my Definitive Tech suround speakers upstairs and I am treating myself to the RSX-5 Klipsches!! downstairs.
YeeeHaw!!