NAD 7400 user manual [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : NAD 7400 user manual

garcom
02-23-2009, 05:16 PM
Hi there...anyone know where I can download a NAD 7400 user manual? I just picked one up and there's features on this receiver that I'm not familiar with. One of the binding posts for the speaker connections is broken, need to remove this post and replace with a new one. Where can I get a replacement? And, where can I get two knobs for the Bass and Treble controls. Another thing, the Bass equalizer button doesn't work, no big deal but anyone have an idea why not? And lastly, when the unit is turned on it goes immediatly into "low level" mode, the low level led lites up, volume is way muted...press the button, lite goes out and viola! mucho power, and all is normal...is this the way these guys power up? Thanks for any help you can provide....Gerry

ozpmg
05-30-2009, 04:24 AM
Hi sorry I cant answer the first questions, but as to the Low Level - yes, these early Monitor Series NADs power up with the Low Level as default. Avoids any damage if last volume use was set at a high level. You get used to just switching it off after a while - I've been doing it for 20 years with my 3400 Amp. I kind of appreciate the lilttle attention to detail, and I have often left my volume up at last listening so it had probably saved my speakers (Rogers) over the years as well. btw have you sourced a 7400 manual yet? I'm looking for one as well and just cant find one. Pat