Best Turntable upgrade ever [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Best Turntable upgrade ever

simmel
02-23-2009, 02:08 AM
OK apart from the arm the best upgrade I invested in was a dedicated stand which screws to the wall. This keeps it ultra stable and if you have wooden floors like me its a must.

http://www.pbase.com/jim_panzee/image/109495124/medium.jpg

Kevio
02-23-2009, 07:06 AM
Can we have a dance party at your place now? :0:

basite
02-23-2009, 07:50 AM
oh so true!

Wallmounting your tt is probably the best thing you can do for your tt...

and your amp to, less rumble = less wasted power.

enjoy!

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

simmel
02-23-2009, 10:31 PM
If you were a gorgeous 22 year old blond female Kevio I would say yes. As it is........:nonod:

Reticuli
02-25-2009, 12:27 AM
I have tuna cans with rubber bands and half tennis balls in the feet of my turntables...heh heh. The Isofeet (i think that's what they're called) things are supposed to be pretty good, too. And you can get those decoupling magnetic feet or platforms, now. When I have the cash, that's what I'll be investing in. No coupling is obviously superior to any slight vibrations traveling through rubber or silicone bands. A few attendees at CES Alexis Park audiophile section often put the turntables or CD players in a closet. That seems like a good idea, too.

emailists
03-21-2009, 11:38 PM
Interesting. I have a wall mount as well but haven't used it in years.

I will soon have my table on a Halcyonics active anti vibration unit. In researching appropriate platforms for the unit, I spoke with somone in the scientific community, who uses theses platforms for their intended purpose (under electron microscopes, etc)

He informed me that walls tend to transmit a tremendous amount of vibration as well.

I had a rack that was being jacked up against a wall, and I looked at ripples in water on the rack, ans when I took away the wall supports, the ripples became less.

Just an experiment you may wish to try. Of course, as bad as your walls may be, your floors may be infact worse. My floors at the time were concrete.