Depends on what I'm buying.

Ditto

I buy online..

gandolfo
02-17-2009, 10:41 AM
Is newegg alright?

GMichael
02-17-2009, 10:53 AM
Been buying from Newegg for years. No problems.

Sugar Beats
02-17-2009, 11:04 AM
Ditto

I buy online..

Me too!!!

I buy online as well...

audio amateur
02-17-2009, 11:44 AM
Yes it all depends what. Amazon is a safe bet

Hyfi
02-17-2009, 11:49 AM
Where would you buy your stuff from?

What kind of stuff? Equipment, CDs, ......?

I use both. There are things that I may want to have a B&M store so a return is painless while things like my big screen TVs I bought online and saved many hundreds of dollars but gave up the ability to return easily.

Rich-n-Texas
02-17-2009, 11:59 AM
Where would you buy your stuff from?
Why do you ask?

GMichael
02-17-2009, 12:06 PM
Why do you ask?

Do you get yours on-line?:shocked:

Rich-n-Texas
02-17-2009, 12:19 PM
No. Over the phone silly. :rolleyes:

emaidel
02-17-2009, 01:30 PM
I buy online simply because I don't have a choice at times. I would love to be able to browse through bins of classical SACD's to pick out a few every few weeks or so, but there aren't any stores within light years from my house to allow me to do that. Hence, I buy all my SACD's online, mostly through ArkivMusic.com.

I bought my Marantz SA-8001 SACD player online through an authorized Marantz dealer. Again, I would have preferred to have gone to a store, listened to the unit first, obtained the sales people's opinions on it, and other products, and then carried the unit home. As with the purchase of SACD's, there are no audio retailers within hundreds of miles from where I live, and places like Best Buy don't carry stuff I"m interested in.

I did buy my Sharp AQUOS 46" flat screen TV from Best Buy, and my Panasonic Blu-Ray player from Costco. I got such good deals from each, that it didn't make any sense buyng online. Also, I was very concerned about shipping the TV, and the many problems that could have happened, and then being left with the nuisance of trying to have to ship it back to an online retailer.

I prefer buying products from stores, and being able to look at, feel, and examine the products first. Times as they are, more often than not, that's just not possible. I guess some would call this "progress." I don't.

blackraven
02-17-2009, 02:36 PM
Audio Advisor, New Egg, CD Universe, Saturday Audio, Blue Jeans cables, Amazon, Borders, B&H Photo to name a few.

kexodusc
02-17-2009, 03:48 PM
I buy online, can't say I prefer it, but I do prefer the pricing/value it can offer at times. A lot of B&M companies/stores have so much overhead and have become too inefficient. Or they just want too much blue sky. Online is great for keeping prices a bit more honest IMO. I'm all for making a buck, but I'm also a shopper keen on saving a buck...

audio amateur
02-17-2009, 04:04 PM
I hate not being able to hand over the big cash to the sales guy, or simply saying 'i'll take it' with a big grin on your face. Especially with the expensive stuff. Internet transactions take away the novelty of it all

02audionoob
02-17-2009, 04:51 PM
B&H, Buy.com, Amazon, Crutchfield, Newegg, Tigerdirect, PCMall, Provantage, BestBuy.com, CircuitCity.com, Crucial.com and the list goes on and on. And yes...Newegg is alright.