2 Channel Stereo question in a surround sound system [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 2 Channel Stereo question in a surround sound system

omarj
02-15-2009, 07:17 AM
Hi All,

I have a Rotel RSP 1098 Processor and the RMB1095 Power Amp, hooked up with a Defiintive Technology Speaker System. The problem I am having is when I try and play 2 Channel Stereo (btw am using the Denon 3930), I can not get my sub to work. It just sounds flat, with no punch whatsoever. While my DVD is connected through a coaxial cable, I have also connected through composite wires, and am playing through them. Does anone have an experience with this processor and can guide me through the set-up process if there is one to activate the subwoofer.
Many Thanks

bobsticks
02-15-2009, 10:14 AM
Are you using analog inputs?

It's been awhile since I played around with one of those units but I seem to remember that there's a "Default Mode". If that's setup to "Stereo" it will bypass all processessing, hence straight two-channel stereo. I don't remember there being a "Direct" button.

I can't tell you a specific remedy but that's where I'd start looking for answers. Good luck.

Kevio
02-15-2009, 04:06 PM
My Sony receiver has a "2-channel" mode where the crossover is bypassed and everything goes stereo. The "auto decode" mode turns on the crossover for 2.1 operation.